PDA

View Full Version : god damn it..

stupidsucker
10-13-2005, 01:32 PM
I just spent 10 minutes on a post, and the thread was deleted while I was typing.

I saw no reason to delete the post, but I guess A lock up would have been fine.

I have no problem with moderation, but jesus christ that sucked. Thank you for wasting my time because you felt that post needed sensored.

I saw a post about moderation getting out of hand , and I disagreed, but Don't get too delete happy please. Thank you.

Nicholasp27
10-13-2005, 01:37 PM
the topic of the post?

stupidsucker
10-13-2005, 01:46 PM
Someone was complaing about party being rigged .... again

This is why the thread was deleted, and I guess I understand that, but..

The poster didnt make any claims... he posed the question.

There is a fine line between off topic banter and blatent sensorship. I didnt read all the posts in the thread, so maybe it got more out of hand then I had read, but still.

I spent a great deal of time trying to make some good points about game quality and fairness.

btw, No I don't think party is rigged, but I do think that posts shouldnt get deleted just because the majority doesnt believe in anything in the thread. Nonsense gets posted here daily. Why take a new poster and delete his thread entirely?

I just dont want to see things get out of hand. I think the moderators have done a great job, but I am not one to keep my mouth shut when I feel otherwise. This post was all out deleted 100%. I didnt even know moderators could do that.

skipperbob
10-13-2005, 01:49 PM
Maybe "OP" deleted it?

The Yugoslavian
10-13-2005, 01:53 PM
These things happen.

Suck it up and take a hit or two from your favorite vapor shizzle...

Everything will turn out okay, /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Yugoslav
Who thinks this forum is rigged!

Jbrochu
10-13-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe "OP" deleted it?

[/ QUOTE ]

If OP delete's a post, does that delete responses...? I'm pretty sure there were several responses.

stupidsucker
10-13-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe "OP" deleted it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know.. If OP did it in time I thought it just deleted his post, not the replies underneath.

I am extremly edgy right now, and a known hot-head.

In 30 minutes I will probably regret all of this.

stupidsucker
10-13-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
These things happen.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

I am out of vapor matierial, and I cant really afford more because party poker is rigged. /images/graemlins/frown.gif <font color="white">This forum IS rigged </font>

The Yugoslavian
10-13-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
These things happen.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

I am out of vapor matierial, and I cant really afford more because party poker is rigged. /images/graemlins/frown.gif <font color="white">This forum IS rigged </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude.

You're [censored].

Yugoslav

lacky
10-13-2005, 02:09 PM
your trying to cheer him up and calm him and you DONT include a pic. dude, he probably just decided life's no longer worth living.

Steve

stupidsucker
10-13-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
your trying to cheer him up and calm him and you DONT include a pic. dude, he probably just decided life's no longer worth living.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

I am almost to the point where this is closer to true then it is funny. Poker has messed with my brain a ton.

I went from a 10k sample size of 25% roi poker to a 3k sample size of 1% roi poker, and everyone else seems to be pulling money off trees and making posts about how easy it is.

They should come up with an offical poker term for being mentaly exahusted by ridiculocity.

The Yugoslavian
10-13-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I'm on strike due to ace_in_the_hole's incessent blathering about how he can't win and stuff. But okay, you're right.
http://megamix.ritrix.com/gal/68/Zsuzsanna_Ripli.jpg

Yugoslav

fnord_too
10-13-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

They should come up with an offical poker term for being mentaly exahusted by ridiculocity.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have, it's called tilt. Take a break and get out for a few days.

adanthar
10-13-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a 3k sample size of 1% roi poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Post entire hand histories. Hands aren't enough, something's really wrong with your game right now.

stupidsucker
10-13-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a 3k sample size of 1% roi poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Post entire hand histories. Hands aren't enough, something's really wrong with your game right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will be happy to share anything. I am at my wits end. It isnt gradual. I make good money with what seems like normal variance for 1 week. then the next week I have a - 30% roi for 100 games.

The stats I posted were an exagerated guess. I will take some time to get exact stats. The downswing began in may after I won my WSOP seat. Perhaps I got some kind of god complex after winning. I dont feel that way
, but I can not understand this.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They have, it's called tilt. Take a break and get out for a few days.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know... It was a lame attempt to be funny on my part...sorry.

I will start an offical project soon where everyone that wants to participate can. I suck at life right now. Pride is the only thing keeping me from getting a "real job".

I am on tilt, but I dont have the luxury of taking time off from poker because I feel like crap.

pooh74
10-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Sucker, I agree with Adanthar...

This happens to me often where I think I am just running badly...then, I will get over myself for a few minutes and start to really analyze my game and realize I have morphed, slowly, into a donk/maniac. I am not saying that YOU are either of these, but I am merely pointing out that we or _I_ slip into very bad habits, so gradually, that we harldy noticed tham developing.

Getting your game out into the open for others to see is always helpful. Also, I try to play everygame as though one of you guys were watching...because my own voice inside my head only tells me "call, he doesnt have it...push, he'll fold" You need to hear some objective criticism maybe. Plus you're doing this for income, so its important you post some hands/HHs...

sorry for the tough love...And you have more SNGs under your belt than I do, but it always helps to get a fresh look.

adanthar
10-13-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will be happy to share anything. I am at my wits end. It isnt gradual. I make good money with what seems like normal variance for 1 week. then the next week I have a - 30% roi for 100 games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...that would happen with a true 1% ROI. That's the whole point; you're playing a breakeven game and the swings amplify.

I'm serious - post 2 or 3 whole tournaments. I think you've developed a ton of leaks somewhere lately, because there's no way that is variance.

Freudian
10-13-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I went from a 10k sample size of 25% roi poker to a 3k sample size of 1% roi poker, and everyone else seems to be pulling money off trees and making posts about how easy it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the same buy-in?

MegaBet
10-13-2005, 03:43 PM
Why even bother to respond to a "party is rigged" thread - let alone a long reply?

stupidsucker
10-13-2005, 03:43 PM
I will be happy to post every single tournament I played yesterday. If you can look at them and tell me I am a 1% roi player then go for it.

It is improbable that this is variance.

It isnt impossible.

My brain got messed up somewhere.

Look for the Sucker Project.

Hendricks433
10-14-2005, 01:06 AM
Ace is getting out of control. I dont know if anyone saw but Im saying we should make bets on how many more bad beats, whining, Im so unlucky posts we get from him. Im saying Thousands

durron597
10-14-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe "OP" deleted it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know.. If OP did it in time I thought it just deleted his post, not the replies underneath.

I am extremly edgy right now, and a known hot-head.

In 30 minutes I will probably regret all of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost never delete threads, only lock them.

If the OP deletes the original thread it will go away.

Cactus Jack
10-14-2005, 07:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sucker, I agree with Adanthar...

This happens to me often where I think I am just running badly...then, I will get over myself for a few minutes and start to really analyze my game and realize I have morphed, slowly, into a donk/maniac. I am not saying that YOU are either of these, but I am merely pointing out that we or _I_ slip into very bad habits, so gradually, that we harldy noticed tham developing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish this weren't true, but it's so true I want to cry. This has happened to me over and over. It's insidious. A creeping brain disorder. If there is an innoculation for it, I'd be the first in line to get the shot. It's such an easy to trap to fall into, and you never see it coming.

nh

CJ

10-14-2005, 10:08 AM
Well just to get off topic I would like to say without question PP is rigged!! It is set up such that only GOOD players win. I mean you push a 1 in 4 draw and it seems it only hits 1 out of 4 times? You push with that A7 suited with that gut feeling and yet the flush only comes 1 out of 18 hands or so? This is clear evidence of a rigged game! Has anyone ever done a long term statistical analysis of hands on PP to help put this issue to rest? of course I guess some would never believe the posted results either?

PS Would have loved to have seen your points regarding quality and fairness. I have often questioned how accurate PP is when compared to theoretical results. Not because I think PP is flawed but to simply satisfy my own curiousity. No game could be perfect but would be interesting to compare.