PDA

View Full Version : 66 hand from the SB

PSW
10-13-2005, 01:30 PM
The game is a good one from the 1/2 Cryptos.... 6 handed.

UTG is a solid winning player w/ 16/8 after 184 hands. Not horriblly tricky but a thinking player. Flop/Turn/River agression is 1.3/3.3/0.6.

I am in the SB w/ 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

UTG raises, all fold and I call. BB folds.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Hero Bets, UTG Raises.

Turn: (4.5 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif Hero checks, UTG raises, Hero Folds.

Should I be calling these hands down? Should I be calling the PFR? I am only 1700 hands into my SH career. Go easy on me. Doing well so far but I can't tell how much of it is variance.

psw

brazilio
10-13-2005, 01:38 PM
I don't understand the turn action, but my action against a standard TAG is c/c c/c and bet/fold, check/folding any Ace. 6-handed against this type of opponent, I think a lot about folding preflop though. At best you're a coinflip preflop, and he's very tight for sh.

irishpint
10-13-2005, 01:58 PM
is calling this ftom SB ok? i would think either 3bet or fold would be better since if we are going to play we dont want BB coming along

GetThere1Time
10-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Fold this hand preflop against a solid player.

Shawsy
10-13-2005, 02:07 PM
I tend to call preflop here with 66, but the UTG raise from this sort of player should be respected. I'm hoping he's got AK or AQs rather than the rest of the raising hands for him - say pairs AA-TT or so. I would be disappointed to see the big blind fold though, since I'm really hoping to flop a set in a multiway pot rather than go headsup with UTG Raiser unimproved. The 4.5SB pot is not overly large going into the flop.

Leading out on the flop with the small pot is good (villain gets 5.5 to 1 to call, which may not be inviting enough with overcards only in a small pot), but I would tend to let the hand go when raised. With many players who will raise with any 2 cards preflop, that might not be the case, but given what you know about UTG so far, even through only 180 hands, I tend to think you are behind and drawing to 2 outs in a small pot. That's not where you want to be.

PSW
10-13-2005, 02:21 PM
whoops... Yes, turn action was Hero checks, UTG bets, hero folds.

I was in the shower thinking about the hand and realized that you folks would tell me to raise to knock out the BB. Also, it makes my bet on the flop better, right?

Thanks,

psw

wackjob
10-13-2005, 03:34 PM
I think I like a smooth call and a c/r on a bland flop.