PDA

View Full Version : Flopped a straight flush draw and a straight

Your Mom
05-29-2003, 01:12 AM
Party 2/4 Loose

I'm in the cutoff with 10h8h. 2 limpers to me, I limp, button limps, sb completes, bb checks.

Flop is 6c7h9h. Straight and a straight flush draw. First limper checks, second limper bets, everyone calls.

Turn is an offsuit 10. Damn it. Checked to me, I bet, button raises, 2 coldcallers, i 3 bet, everyone calls.

River is an offsuit ace. I bet, button calls, other two fold.

comments?

Jeffro
05-29-2003, 10:50 AM
I would probably muck this with only two limpers, but after the call I would have played it the same.

CrackerZack
05-29-2003, 11:29 AM
I'd start raising on the flop. Knowing the site you won't lose anyone with a single decent heart on the flop and want to charge the real draws. turn and river play I like.

pufferfish
05-29-2003, 02:06 PM
I think I'd normally raise the flop, but with the straight flush draw I like your call.

pf

Tyler Durden
05-29-2003, 02:45 PM
I think you made a mistake in not raising the flop. I would do that about 100% of the time. You want to charge other, larger flush draws. And the smaller ones too!

Louie Landale
05-29-2003, 06:01 PM
Dear Mom: Watch your DAMN language.

Rarely slow-play in this situation. There are just far too many hands that CAN play against this coordinated boards and there is a pretty good chance you may get a couple-three raises in if you do NOT slow-play. If you are SURE the yet-to-call players are the types that routinely call one bet but not two, then I guess I'd consider it.

- Louie

Your Mom
05-29-2003, 10:54 PM
Looks like I should raised the flop. I have a hard time doing this when it could shut everyone else out after me when I have the nuts. Clearly, it is the right play though. Other player also had an eight, so we chopped it up. Thanks for your thoughts guys.

Louie Landale
05-30-2003, 01:16 PM
The key here is NOT that you have the nuts. Its that there are likely lots of players who can play AND your nuts are vulnerable.

Slow playing "the nuts" may make sense when you have QQ flop Q84.

- Louie