PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Queens

10-13-2005, 12:42 PM
O.K. I'm pretty sure i played PF correct but was i right in betting after the board paired and fearing the king on the turn?(c/c)

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16.40 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (15.20 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls $0.10 (All-In), BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (19.20 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Final Pot: 19.20 BB

bozlax
10-13-2005, 12:57 PM
Preflop: g00t. CO is clearly stacking-off, so his 3-bet is, I think, likely to be marginal.

Flop: good bet out. MP1, who called two cold preflop twice, suddenly comes to life...uh oh. CO (still stacking off) is swelling the pot. BB...huh? Cap is good, but I'm worried about A6s from MP1, and I decide to check/call down unless the turn checks through.

Turn: didn't check through, stick with the plan.

River: MP1 is scared of the flush, but you also don't want to be raised here.

nh...paired boards are always difficult, and having a player stacking off, and another apparently just putting money into the pot like it's a slot-machine doesn't make it any easier.

10-13-2005, 12:57 PM
Think you're WB after the flop based on the betting. You're up against a set or quads. You bet out after the flop and MP and CO raised. Think CO has the set and MP has two pair.

10-13-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: g00t. CO is clearly stacking-off, so his 3-bet is, I think, likely to be marginal.

Flop: good bet out. MP1, who called two cold preflop twice, suddenly comes to life...uh oh. CO (still stacking off) is swelling the pot. BB...huh? Cap is good, but I'm worried about A6s from MP1, and I decide to check/call down unless the turn checks through.

Turn: didn't check through, stick with the plan.

River: MP1 is scared of the flush, but you also don't want to be raised here.

nh...paired boards are always difficult, and having a player stacking off, and another apparently just putting money into the pot like it's a slot-machine doesn't make it any easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH

Excuse the n00b question, but what does "stacking off" mean ? thanks.

QTip
10-13-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Think you're WB after the flop based on the betting. You're up against a set or quads. You bet out after the flop and MP and CO raised. Think CO has the set and MP has two pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bleumantis:

Any info you can provide on your opponents is extremely helpful for peopel to discuss your hands.

To this response:

You're seeing monsters.

10-13-2005, 01:10 PM
Excuse the n00b question, but what does "stacking off" mean ? thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure either.

droolie
10-13-2005, 01:15 PM
I like the flop cap. We might be behind CO who could have a higher PP but he's most likely dumping his short stack with anything at this point. MP1 could have raised the flop with any 6 or PP. I thing we're ahead enough to justify it as a value cap.

I probably play the turn and river the same way since the turn was a K. If it was any Q or below I lead the turn and slow down if MP1 raises.

10-13-2005, 01:24 PM
I guess stacking off is when someones chip get so low that they just throw them in cuz they don't care anymore.

10-13-2005, 01:34 PM
Grunching…

Excellent pre-flop...capping the queens is crucial for pot equity.

I'm not sure about the cap on the flop…with that much aggression in front…I'd be afraid of trips…definitely at least a call.

I agree with the slowdown on the turn…the K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif is scary. I would c/c all the way like you did after that.

Of course, if CO hadn't had to go all-in, I'm sure the turn and river would have been capped as well and then I would consider (gasp!) a fold on the turn.

Flame away!