PDA

View Full Version : What´s my play vs. this LAG.

kongo_totte
10-13-2005, 12:29 PM
Ok, here are the rules:

*Game is NLHE
*Stacks are 100BB
*Villian will raise any 2 cards from the button
*He will fold anything but AK-AQ and any PP to a re-raise.
*He will 3-bet all in w/ AA-JJ
*He will call w/ AK-AQ and any PP below jacks.
*If hero calls pre-flop, he will always bet the pot on flop if checked to
*He will invest 100BB on flop w/ top pair or better
*Hero will invest 100BB on any flop

Party NL100 6-handed.

Folded to villian on the button, he raises to $4, SB folds,

Hero has A A in BB.

The questions: What is the EV of calling? What is the EV of raising?

If I left some info needed out, please let me know.

jkkkk
10-13-2005, 01:27 PM
Raise has more EV, and you can't calculate the EV because we don't know exactly how far or what action villain will take with his hands post-flop.

kongo_totte
10-13-2005, 01:33 PM
Sorry, I must has left out some info then.

Another point that can be added is:
*If we just call, he will bet pot every time we check to him on the flop. When played back at he will fold everything but top pair or better, which he will push with.

I think I covered it.

Abbaddabba
10-13-2005, 01:45 PM
You need to know how big his preflop raise is.

Also, he isnt going to fold to a reraise with less than AQ or a pocket pair if the reraise isn't substantial (ie: suited connectors). These are the hands that you _want_ to reraise preflop anyways, in order to eliminate their implied odds... despite your assumption, these hands will not be putting in their entire stacks with only top pair (especially if you fail to reraise preflop, keeping the pot small). They will almost only give you action when you're either beat, or they have a strong draw - and you won't know which it is. The only ones where deception would be valuable are the same ones that are willing to call your reraise and (many times) will reraise you all in. If he's willing to call (or act back at you) _only_ with hands that you have dominated, then you should be reraising every time.

It is advantageous that he bets the pot on every flop when checked to, but when you fail to reraise preflop, the pot is so small that it isn't that meaningful. The trash hands that will be folding to your preflop reraise are only going to give you heavy action when they have you beat. The quality hands are going to call off a significant amount of money unimproved.

kongo_totte
10-13-2005, 06:09 PM
Ok, but this is a theoretical problem. And the guy I played the hand I based this theoretical hand on would go all in on any flop w/ top pair or better.