PDA

View Full Version : Conjelco - Shipping to Canad... why so much?

MarkD
10-13-2005, 12:26 PM
I just went through and selected a few DVD's to order from Conjelco as I can't find a Canadian supplier. (Both Howard Lederer DVD's and Phil Gordon's Final Table one.)

I get to the shipping part and it's $27 to ship it across the border. I've bough plenty of things from the States before and this is too much... my question is why? Why does it cost so much to ship to Canada?

I'm also going to have to pay duty on these items when they cross the border because Chuck doesn't ship them as a gift like some retailers do.

I have paid this shipping price before, but I think it is too high and am looking for a reason for this.

I did not order the DVD's atm...

benkahuna
10-13-2005, 12:38 PM
The labor costs of sending a dogsled team to deliver a book have gone up since the dogs all unionized.

Siegmund
10-13-2005, 03:14 PM
If you are quoted an outrageously high cost for shipping one book, you're usually being quoted UPS. (UPS shipping costs vary with distance, and can be cheaper than postal service for shipments moving only partway across the United States. Many US companies use them as their default shipper. But they are more expensive to any faraway place, and the overhead for a single book is high compared to the cost of each additional book.)

An email or phone call explaining the situation may will get you a more reasonable quote. Priority mail to Canada for a shipment of less than 4 pounds is $7.