PDA

View Full Version : C/R Fiesta Gets 3 Bet

Roadstar
10-13-2005, 12:20 PM
Converter a little off theres UTG and BB. BB is the one who saw the flop, UTG folded preflop.

Reads - Game got really short and BB and Button have seen UTG and I going at it in the previous hands. UTG (who folded) has been playing crazy LAG since it got short (flops are always raised, and doesn't mean much except he has K high or better)

Button is also fairly aggressive and thinks I'm full of it.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. BB posts a blind of $1.
(UTG Folds - missed by converter) <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB (poster) calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Button's raise range is very wide, KTs is good here I think I 3 bet to isolate. Surprised BB came along for the ride - possibly because of the aggression shown between UTG and myself for the past 5 hands or so. A little surprised by the cap from button.

Flop: (12 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

I know Button is betting, I hit Top Pair Average Kicker. I check raise to get BB to stop hanging around. Being 3 bet surprises me. I don't really think villain has a 4. I can't see him raising with like K4 or Q4. But it could be A4 and remotely possible is 44. (he wouldn't have 3 bet then if he had quads I think). Button probably hit a K and thinks I'm full of it. I don't know if my kicker is good? From the cap button, I could be behind to AK, KQ, KJs, AA or KK.

Turn: (9 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Hit top 2. Going for the C/R again - thoughts here? From the range of hands that beat me on the flop, only KK and AAbeats me now ... but I get 3 bet AGAIN. I start thinking he could have a 4 and call down (and induce another bet on the river if I do have him beat)

River: (15 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Check/call.

I guess the key street is the turn here, please comment.

Thanks!

Final Pot: 17 BB

irishpint
10-13-2005, 12:25 PM
i think the hand is fine. the 3bet pf is great (i have a thing for 3betting....). When you c/r the turn and he 3bets i'm not really concerned about a 4, but AA or KK (albeit both unlikely). Still, I probably bet the river and call a raise since I think AK, or KQ are apt to play the hand the same way here. Plus he's been pretty aggro you say and giving him credit for a hand that beats us is too narrow.

deception5
10-13-2005, 12:27 PM
I think I go ahead and lead the flop, call a raise, and lead the turn - I don't really mind if BB stays around as he's likely drawing nearly dead.

Roadstar
10-13-2005, 12:51 PM
Assuming I lead the flop and called a raise, and donked the turn, do I 3 bet if I get raised again or call down? (or donk the river again?)

The thing is I think I'm ahead due to the aggro state of the table and can see villain playing this way with any K and any mid to high pocket pair.

Thanks!

10-13-2005, 01:02 PM
If you donk the turn and get raised, 3-betting is most liekly going to lead to a cap from your aggro villain. It doesn't get you any more information and could just be spewing if he has you destroyed with AA or KK. I'd bet the turn, call a raise, and check/call the river.

deception5
10-13-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Assuming I lead the flop and called a raise, and donked the turn, do I 3 bet if I get raised again or call down? (or donk the river again?)

The thing is I think I'm ahead due to the aggro state of the table and can see villain playing this way with any K and any mid to high pocket pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

The key here is that you know the state of the table. If you think villian would raise the turn with any king then bet/3-bet looks like the clear choice. You're pretty much only likely to be behind AA/KK/TT and a solid king like AK/KQ/KJ is going to go to war with you here. The real question is what is the button's capping range and how often is he going to do this. I have a hard time imagining he'd do it with K2o but you never know /images/graemlins/smile.gif