PDA

View Full Version : PCI express problem

jkkkk
10-13-2005, 10:53 AM
Ok so I have just bought this (http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?sku=308140&cks=PRL) card, to go in this (http://uk.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_Spec_GA-8I915ME-GL.htm) board.

I've put it in the slot and everything and hooked up the monitors and it doesn't work.

I have changed my Bios settings in init display to PEG2, PCI, Onboard, nothing works. My graphics card won't initially display anything through startup.

The card isn't [censored] because when I bootup using onboard graphics my PC detects the card.

Can anyone tell me why?

Any help would be much appreciated

lautzutao
10-13-2005, 11:00 AM
Can you give FULL comp specs? HD, processor, PS, etc...

jkkkk
10-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Spec:

2.8 intel celeron
512MB DDR RAM
250gig sata 16mb cache
audigy player

not much else..

10-13-2005, 12:08 PM
The card may require you plug a molex connector (standard connector) from your power supply into it, if you haven't already. This would explain why it is detected, but not running properly.

jkkkk
10-13-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The card may require you plug a molex connector (standard connector) from your power supply into it, if you haven't already. This would explain why it is detected, but not running properly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, I'm an idiot, that is all.

Freakin
10-13-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously?

I've never seen that affect 2D performance. Glad you got it solved though.

Freakin

jkkkk
10-15-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously?

I've never seen that affect 2D performance. Glad you got it solved though.

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, seriously. Plugged in a power unit, set bios to PEG2 and voila, it works.