PDA

View Full Version : From passive to aggressive?

Entity
10-13-2005, 10:53 AM
Button in this hand is incredibly overaggressive. SB is unknown, has seemed mostly in-line, but hasn't been sitting with me for long. If memory serves, I have the image of an overaggressive lucksack, but I haven't been overplaying my hands -- I've just been hitting. A lot.

I'm mostly curious about my flop play. I don't think I get enough 3-handed play in to really get a feel for respective hand strengths.

3-handed 10/20. Button raises, SB 3-bets, I cap 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif8/images/graemlins/spade.gif in the BB. Button calls, SB calls.

Flop 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif9/images/graemlins/heart.gif2/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB leads, I raise, Button folds, SB 3-bets, I call.

Turn 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB bets, I raise, SB 3-bets, I cap, SB calls.

Turn J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB checks, I bet, SB calls.

Is this whole hand 100% standard?

Rob

krishanleong
10-13-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Is this whole hand 100% standard?

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. You don't always have to cap here preflop but I like it here.

Krishan

GetThere1Time
10-13-2005, 11:04 AM
Yeah I play it exactly the same way. I'm probably calling down if the 8 doesn't peel off on the turn also.

10-13-2005, 11:13 AM
I agree with how you played it 100%.

Nice job sucking out on the overpair though.

GetThere1Time
10-13-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with how you played it 100%.

Nice job sucking out on the overpair though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Overpair my ass

witeknite
10-13-2005, 11:32 AM
I looked, but can't see what else it could be. A9? He's not bluff calling the river.

WiteKnite

10-13-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I looked, but can't see what else it could be. A9? He's not bluff calling the river.

WiteKnite

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking overpair or 22/77.

GetThere1Time
10-13-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

WiteKnite

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If memory serves, I have the image of an overaggressive lucksack

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is Hero's image and we're 3-handed, I think the SB can have a 7 or 2 here, maybe even less when he pays off. He could just me sick of Entity's crap and have a big ace here. We need to see a showdown atleast.

TStoneMBD
10-13-2005, 12:03 PM
yah definitely all standard imo. you dont have to cap preflop but i prefer it.

DMBFan23
10-13-2005, 12:36 PM
I like it, but no one thinks there is any chance he has 99?

I would just call if bet into on any river, as well.

wackjob
10-13-2005, 12:37 PM
Perfect including the PF cap.

irishpint
10-13-2005, 02:08 PM
i play it the same.

Victor
10-13-2005, 02:41 PM
wheres the passive part?

for a standard, i dont like capping preflop. by just calling you can raise the sb on the flop and knock out the bb. or you can fold on the flop if its super bad. also, you gain information if the button caps.

edit: if you think the button can lay down preflop then the cap is cool.

Victor
10-13-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Perfect including the PF cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh really? well, since you said so....

TStoneMBD
10-13-2005, 02:49 PM
yes good point that i didnt mention. id only cap preflop if i think the button can fold, but i just assumed that to be true, even though thats a bad assumption.

baronzeus
10-13-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
id only cap preflop if i think the button can fold

[/ QUOTE ]

and i doubt he can

Victor
10-13-2005, 02:55 PM
why do you prefer a pf cap?

TStoneMBD
10-13-2005, 03:04 PM
why do i prefer a cap if the button might fold? you probably have the best pair preflop. if you can lock up the buttons dead money and fold out 2 clean overcards the cap is clearly profitable.

Victor
10-13-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why do i prefer a cap if the button might fold? you probably have the best pair preflop. if you can lock up the buttons dead money and fold out 2 clean overcards the cap is clearly profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

how often do you think a laggy opponent is folding in a 3handed game here?

TStoneMBD
10-13-2005, 03:15 PM
well entity didnt say he was laggy, he said he was overaggressive. i also didnt even realize it was a 3handed game. an overaggressive player on the button is probably opening almost any 2 in a 3 handed game. ive seen people open 34s. i think the cap becomes clearly profitable in that situation, even if the button cant fold any 2 there if hes raising that many hands. still though, i know personally that i am often considered overaggressive, but i would certainly fold to a cap from a BB in many situations, especially if im holding 1 overcards and 1 undercard to 88.

Surfbullet
10-13-2005, 05:00 PM
I'm not going to focus too much on pf, I think it can go either way. If you call you can c/r, which is great, but if you cap you exploit your image a bit and will still often be able to buy the pot from Ax and another middle pair with a flop autobet on a broadway flop. I'd probably just call here.

I like the rest of it. Players will often donk AK/AQ/AJ imo in an attempt to regain "initiative" after getting capped pf. Once 3bet we go into calldown mode. After we cap the turn the board protects us from raises on the river by worse hands so bet-fold is safe, and the bet has tons of value.

Nh.

Surf

oreogod
10-13-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He could just me sick of Entity's crap and have a big ace here. We need to see a showdown atleast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong (well you are right about hte showdown part, wrong about Villian not having an overpair or pretty decent hand). Entity mentioned Villian hasnt been sitting at the table long and has never been out of line.

The only way he has a big ace here is if he is either tilting or has a read that entity plays like crap. Or Villian is just a moron. He has something he loooves.

wheelz
10-13-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After we cap the turn the board protects us from raises on the river by worse hands so bet-fold is safe

[/ QUOTE ]

you can't fold this hand. call a river donk or bet/call if checked to.

Surfbullet
10-14-2005, 02:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After we cap the turn the board protects us from raises on the river by worse hands so bet-fold is safe

[/ QUOTE ]

you can't fold this hand. call a river donk or bet/call if checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough. Is this because it is 3-handed? What hands do you expect him to c/r on the river after we cap preflop, raise the flop, and cap the turn? Or is it because there is so much multi-street bluffcrap?

Surf