PDA

View Full Version : 33 on bubble. 1 player all in (10 +1)

10-13-2005, 10:49 AM
Hi everyone. I need a little help in this situation.
I'm dealt 33 on the SB. Small stack is all in. What do you guys suggest I do in this situation? Call hoping the BB big stack will also and check through? Push and isolate? Fold and hope BB calls and eliminates UTG? Should folding even be considered? Thanks in advance.

Seat 10:CO ( $1815 )
Seat 7: Hero (SB) ( $1561 )
Seat 5: BB ( $4042 )
Seat 3: UTG ( $582 )

Blinds(150/300)

Dealt to Hero in the SB [ 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
UTG is all-In [582]
CO folds.
Hero?

junkmail3
10-13-2005, 10:53 AM
I think you can let this go. the small stack is in a bad spot and the few chips he'll get if the big stack folds won't be enough to really help him that much.

If you call, you:
1. get pushed/called by the big stack - bad.
2. Double up the small stack - bad.
3. Take out the big stack - good.

I don't think you can call from here though.

10-13-2005, 10:58 AM
I would call in a few situations but mostly depending on my read of BB.
Has the BB been playing tight? How did he get all those chips? Was it from solid aggressive play or was it some crazy 3-way all-in suckout? Do you *think* he'll simply call or do think he's the type of player that will re-raise you if you call? If you are merely *hoping* he doesn't re-raise you, I don't think that's enough to call.

Absent of anything on the BB, I fold.
Then again... I'm often accused of being too tight in this position.

Nicholasp27
10-13-2005, 11:03 AM
utg is pushing any2 here since he's about to see his stack blinded...but u are still barely a favorite to random holdings of his...i'd still call him because if u lose the coinflip then u are still within a bb of him...but that bb has tons of chips and may just call you with a decently wide range of hands, and your 33 isn't gonna hold up too well 3way

even if utg gets the blinds here because bb folds after you do, u are still in ok shape...i'd tend to fold here due to bb's presence...if bb had the 1800 stack, i'd push to isolate utg

I fold in this spot. If I had 77/88+ I'd probably push to isolate. 33 is just too weak.

junkmail3
I don't know about THIS BB, but if I were in the BB, I would push if you called.

10-13-2005, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would call in a few situations but mostly depending on my read of BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

BB has been playing tight on the bubble. I four table so I usually base my reads late in the game. He seemed like the type of player who would check it through.

Knowing this, would that make it right to call?

And what about pushing? Should that be considered? Knowing my read on BB would it be correct to call knowing he'll check it through or correct to push knowing that I can isolate?

Sykes
10-13-2005, 11:48 AM
Is there a reason why we can't push to isolate here?

Nicholasp27
10-13-2005, 11:51 AM
because it likely won't isolate

bb is too large of a stack

and 33 is horrible in a multi-way all-in pf pot

Sykes
10-13-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BB is this much of a donk to call off 33% of his stack with any 2? I really doubt he is.

Nicholasp27
10-13-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BB is this much of a donk to call off 33% of his stack with any 2? I really doubt he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

who said any2?

i said 'decently wide range'