PDA

View Full Version : PP split?

golfboy7
10-13-2005, 10:42 AM
I read somewhere in multiple posts here where people have mentioned a 'split' between party poker and the skins.

What does this mean?

A friend of mine plays on Empire for the RB and has noticed a SIGNIFICANT decrease in the number of games. Does this mean that they aren't pulling from the same servers anymore?

Thanks.

krimson
10-13-2005, 10:53 AM
Party Poker is a seperate entity from the rest of them now.

golfboy7
10-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Meaning?

Different servers? Different companies financially?

Please if you have any more details, explain just a bit more.

Thanks again.

krimson
10-13-2005, 02:12 PM
They were always seperate companies. Party has it's own game server now and they won't let empire + other skins play on it anymore, hence why there is so few tables if you log into Empire.

btw, did you use to play on poker school online? I think I just figured out where I remember your name.

golfboy7
10-13-2005, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the info, I'll have to let my friend know.

Your question, No I have never played on Poker School. IN fact I have never heard of that site.

I began my Internet play on paradise (I was such a noob and was a significant loser) and since moved on to True Poker (awesome smaller site...they treat their players GREAT)

Now I'm on Party mainly but a couple others every now and then.

Small story about True Poker.

2 or 3 years ago, I was one of their MVP's because of how much I played (that shows u how small they were/are). Anyway, I used some of my points to order one of their leather jackets and got a phone call the next day saying they dont' have any in stock and it would take about 2 weeks because they were coming from canada from a company named ROOTS.

Anyway, I told them I was disappointed and it was a shame because I was going on a trip to Vegas in a week or so and was hoping to do some 'advertising' for them there.

Well the True Poker Host said she'd call the company and have them fast track one out the door and get it to me before I left.

So it comes in time, and I take it to vegas.

Here's where the story comes in lol.

I"m walking through the Belagio Poker room with my jacket on, and a buddy and I were watching the higher limit games from the rail when I hear this voice saying my name.

I turn around and I see a guy with a true poker shirt on.

Turns out he's one of the owners and heard I'd be here and put 2 and 2 together and figured it was me.

He hands me a gift certificate for any place within Belagio and says thanks for playing and that it was nice to meet me person to person.

I was FLOORED!

I can't EVER imagine another poker site doing ANYTHING like this unless I knew the management VERY well. AT the time, I was just a high volume player for them.

Anyway. Because of this story I pop back to TP from time to time and play a little and I will always speak VERY highly of them.

To True Poker if you're reading...

...NH guys.

Harv72b
10-13-2005, 04:28 PM
Just wanted to say that's a great story.

krimson
10-13-2005, 04:37 PM
I might have played with you on Party or something then. However I guess "golfboy" isn't necessarily an uncommon name.

private joker
10-13-2005, 04:44 PM
That's a good story. True Poker was the site I played on when I was just using play money and learning holdem. I liked the graphics and sounds -- since I wasn't using real money, I might as well have a video game-like experience. I also liked the wacky avatars you could pick. And how you click on your cards to see them -- and you could see if other people were checking their cards too; just an online way of getting a tell.

Anyway, once I moved to real money, Party is where it's at. I haven't even looked to see if the TP 5/10 full games are any good.

golfboy7
10-13-2005, 05:34 PM
Yeah, I started at TP play money too before I moved to Paradise for low stakes real money.

I too liked the graphics of TP.

They just added multi-table support (remember before you could only play 1 table at a time which was basically being held back because of their software.

Anyway I haven't played for a while but when I do pop back, it's basically 4 tables of each level with all the same people playing at all 4 tables. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif
/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

But in all honesty, I probably wouldn't play there all that seriously again, even tho they are so good to their players, only because Party reall is where it's at. So many fish.

Anyway, my screen name is not golfboy7 at party, although it used to be. And I'm certainly not telling you all what it is /images/graemlins/cool.gif lest I be eaten by you guys like I'm the fish. /images/graemlins/grin.gif