PDA

View Full Version : Did I get the most??

Hotchile
05-28-2003, 10:57 PM
I would like a critique on this hand. The result was excellent, but I want to know if I actually got the most from it.

I am UTG with AQd and raise. Cutoff reraises, button calls, SB calls, BB calls, I cap and all call.

Flop = AhTd5d. Checked to me, I decide to check here. I am sure that I will get a bet behind me and then I can decide if I am raising here or at the turn. The cutoff bets and all three in between call, I put the raise in here. My fear is that a diamond comes at the turn making my hand so big that I may not get paid off. All call except the BB. The turn is the Kd. Checked to me, I bet and get 3 calls again. River looks ugly, 3d. Now I don't know if I should try to induce a bluff or not. I decide to bet out and get raised by the cutoff, SB calls, I raise and the cutoff caps. Now we lose the SB. I call and the pot is $108 in a 2/4 HE game. Cut off has JJ with the J of diamonds.

I am wondering what the cutoff thought I had and did I induce him to think that his Jd was good?

Is there anyplace that I could have picked up more bets. Should I lead out on the flop? Try to checkraise the turn? I think my river bet was mandatory, was it?

I appreciate all comments.

HC

"if you fall in love with your hand, your money will get jealous and spend it's time with someone else"

bernie
05-28-2003, 11:51 PM
i think you played it great.

if yorue going to check the river, you better be damn sure someone will bet. otherwise youre losing bets instantly. you had to love it when he raised you. great feeling, isnt it?

b

Hotchile
05-29-2003, 12:29 AM
Bernie, the raise was nice, the cap was the nuts. It left me wondering if I had played the hand in way the made him think that his J high flush was good.

HC

The Dude
05-29-2003, 03:04 AM
My fear is that a diamonds comes on the turn making my hand so big I won't get paid off.
By the end of the flop, there are 14.5 BB (minus the rake) in the pot. This is large enough that you should be primarily concerned with winning the pot, and not with the flush card killing future action.

Also, the pot is large enough that a dimaond falling probably won't kill the action - especially in a typical 2-4 game (as you witnessed).

All-in-all, though, you played the hand very well. It's always fun to take down a pot that size!