PDA

View Full Version : After 5K hands - should I be worried?

giant sand
10-13-2005, 07:23 AM
After 5,000 hands my stats read: VPIP 24.61, PFR 10.96, Aggression 2.64, went to showdown, 34.90, BB/100 +1.32.

Pokertracker has allotted me a /images/graemlins/smile.gif symbol - an overplayer and a gambler and aggressive with it. This somewhat surprised me as I never saw my play as being particularly reckless.

I guess we all need to strive to be a 'good player' - the little green bag symbol, but has anybody else been winning long-term having been allotted the /images/graemlins/smile.gif symbol?

thesharpie
10-13-2005, 07:32 AM
Why do I always think these are troll posts, then I look at their location and just realize they're british.

giant sand
10-13-2005, 07:34 AM
Sorry - I didn't understand that. Was it meant to be funny?

mute
10-13-2005, 07:38 AM
Raise more. What's your ATSB?

giant sand
10-13-2005, 07:41 AM
ATSB is 23.05 - is this too low?

mute
10-13-2005, 08:04 AM
30% should be an absolute minimum, IMO. I'm guessing many here are in the 35-40% range.

You need to consider who is in the blinds, of course. Against some you can get away with raising just about any two, but if blinds are loose you need to tighten up.

witeknite
10-13-2005, 08:32 AM
Those icons in PT are subjective. They don't tell you if you are good or not, just what collection of VP$IP, PFR, and agg. factor you belong to according to it's autorate rules. If you are using the rules built in to PT, than the smiley is fine. The stats assigned to the money bag icon are good for full-ring, but way to tight for 6-max.

WiteKnite

P.S. PFR more (prob. not stealing/isolation enough)

giant sand
10-13-2005, 08:33 AM
Maybe I should be trying to steal more with the likes of K9o, K8o. I've ususally been folding these. However, I find it hard to believe that raising on the button to steal with the likes of Q9o, Q8o is +EV. Any thoughts?

witeknite
10-13-2005, 09:20 AM
Keep in mind that CO open-raises count as steals too. What's your PFR there? Also, it isn't a question of finding the top 30% of hands and raising them everytime. Some tables I steal only with hands with SD value because the BB is an absolute station. Others I have weak TAG that makes up his mind before I act wether he will play his hand or not. He insta-folds to my steal raise a bunch. Here I'm raising quite liberally. Especially if he doesn't play back without hitting the flop.

The times I don't steal much + the times I steal a bunch balances out to 35%.

WiteKnite

MicroBob
10-13-2005, 09:23 AM
I generally don't steal with Q8o.

I'm about 26/22.

There's no way your PFR should only be 10.
I'm guessing you're doing a lot of open-limping...big no-no.

DMBFan23
10-13-2005, 09:41 AM
you're playing a good amount of hands (VP$IP) but you're limping with hands that a lot of us are probably raising. might help if you list a breakdown of what you open raise from which positions. for example, UTG: ATo+, A8s+, 66+, ... all the way to button and SB.

EDIT: your autorate rules are probably for 10 person games if they call a 24VP$IP player a 'gambler', that's actually on the tighter side of what you will see many players in this forum advocate for 6-handed games (it's about what I play, FWIW)

giant sand
10-13-2005, 02:15 PM
UTG, I raise with A10o, but fold A9o.
I tend to limp with J10o early position, but will raise from CO onwards.
With PPs, I probably limp rather too much, but I raise 77 and upwards. Perhaps I should raise with 55,66 from any position? (tend to limp UTG, MP1).
K10o, I fold UTG, and sometimes MP1, but raise elsewhere.
Q10o, I tend to fold unless I'm on the button, in which case I raise.
BTW, I haven't touched the auto-rate rules, so they are probably set for 10-handed games.