PDA

View Full Version : HU HELP!!!!!!!

10-13-2005, 06:31 AM
My sng is improving, ITM 70%.

The problem is......with even stakes 2 guys HU play, I always end up second, three times in a roll.

In all three HU, my strategy is sit back,limp and catch bluffs. I didnt raise with Ax,Kx because these guys will always call.

The last one got me banging head on a wall. This guy raise a lot of time, stole a lot of pots. I was waiting for a good trap play hand but I got a bit angry. Opponent 5000 me 3500. So this last hand, I got K7s, he raised 2bb, I reraise 1bb. Flop Kxx. He bets $500. I reraised him $1000. Him AI, I AI. He got AK. Any comments?

1. My play sucks. I analysed my play. I probably should not be playing limp,catch bluff strategy. Every flop I am the one under pressure to think whether my opponent is bluffing or not. This has a tendency to make me lose respect for opponent raise, impatient, tilt, and a tendency to AI bang heads whenever I have a little bit of something.

I remember my different play while back. My strategy is to raise a lot preflop. And beat my opponent into psychological submission. Two of them just gives up with even stake, they keep folding until the end! And it seems it is easier for me to fold (when there is trouble) if I am in a aggressive bluff mode, instead of passive trap play mode.

So what do you think?

2. ANy good links for HU strategy?

Sabrazack
10-13-2005, 06:45 AM
First of all, if you are 70% ITM, please share your secret pre-bubble strategy.

And not raising with Kx and Ax HU because your opponents always calls is just stupid. You WANT them to call when you have a better hand (often). Thats like the basis of poker play. Playing passive in heads up is a recipe for disaster, you cant sit around playing calling station.

10-13-2005, 07:13 AM
I play in very low buy ins with standard strategy. So my 70% should be no surprise.

I use check and call cause I read Phil Helmuth(against Juanda) and Annie Duke(against maniacs).

10-13-2005, 07:42 AM
I guess your 70% ITM is over a 10 game sample. Obviously I agree Sabrazacks comments.

se2schul
10-13-2005, 07:52 AM
What's the buy-in?
What site are you playing at?
What's the payout structure?

10-13-2005, 07:55 AM
http://www.livejournal.com/users/hgfalling/6628.html
http://www.annieduke.com/articles.php?articleID=11

http://www.philhellmuth.com/hand_of_the_week.php?howid=55
"My strategy was simple: I would let Men dictate the pace of play, and then try to find a way to take advantage of weaknesses within his play. If he were to play super aggressively (raise a lot of pots), then I would sit back and let him do my bidding when I was strong. "

Well how about keeping the pot small?

10-13-2005, 07:58 AM
$2+0.5. You wont be interested.

lem45216
10-13-2005, 08:21 AM
My heads up strategy:
Once on of us has less than 10BBs i push with about 90% of hands from SB and decentish kinda hands from BB if the guy has limped in. If he pushes from SB I call with any Ace, any King and any pair.
That strategy hasn't failed me yet over a fairly large sample size. Notice how theres no fannying about with raising or trapping. Try it. If you search around you'll find Daliman's article on an extremely similar strategy which seems to be working well for him.
-Jaffa-

10-14-2005, 04:48 AM
Jaffa u the man!

ilya
10-14-2005, 04:57 AM
You sound like your SnG improving. 70% ITM very impressive! But HU strategy is separate improvement. Limp limp bad strategy, opponent bluff but you have nothing, must fold. When you raise, he has pair! Better raise, raise. If opponent tight, raise all hands! If opponent loose, still raise many many hands. Also call more when he raise.

brimstone1
10-14-2005, 05:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My heads up strategy:
...If he pushes from SB I call with any Ace, any King and any pair...
-Jaffa-

[/ QUOTE ]

This can't be right, and it can't be that simple.
Care to elaborate on at least stack sizes?