PDA

View Full Version : Roommate situation

DasLeben
10-13-2005, 04:25 AM
He's crashed out on the couch in the living room for some reason, and I just got off work a couple hours ago and would like to eat dinner and watch TV. What's my play?

stinkypete
10-13-2005, 04:31 AM
YSSCKY

10-13-2005, 04:39 AM
Cropduster.

xorbie
10-13-2005, 04:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
YSSCKYR

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

peachy
10-13-2005, 06:09 AM
my roomie used to do this...fall asleep on the couch - so when i got home in the afternoons i felt like i had to be quite. I would turn on the tv anyways, but not SUPER loud, just loud enough to hear it and eventually they would wake up and say sorry or go to thier room...no biggie

DasLeben
10-13-2005, 06:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
my roomie used to do this...fall asleep on the couch - so when i got home in the afternoons i felt like i had to be quite. I would turn on the tv anyways, but not SUPER loud, just loud enough to hear it and eventually they would wake up and say sorry or go to thier room...no biggie

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is pretty much exactly what happened tonight. I turned on the TV (though not loud), and he woke up and went to his room. I figured this is how it'd happen anyways, but I just felt like making a poll. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10-13-2005, 06:15 AM
how is this even a question? Unless your roomate is a 5'9" blond female who likes to sleep naked, there is really no reason for this.

Oh wait, there is a reason for this. You have no social life and need to have strangers interact in your every day life.

Phoenix1010
10-13-2005, 06:22 AM
One of my old roomates did this almost every night. He used his room to keep his mess, and slept in on the couch. And he smelled pretty bad. Man, he sucked. Anyway, when I wanted to watch tv or play a video game I just did it at a reasonable volume and didn't really care what he thought of it. There's an unwritten rule that you can't claim the common area to sleep and expect the same courtesy as if you were in your bed.

daryn
10-13-2005, 08:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
One of my old roomates did this almost every night. He used his room to keep his mess, and slept in on the couch. And he smelled pretty bad. Man, he sucked. Anyway, when I wanted to watch tv or play a video game I just did it at a reasonable volume and didn't really care what he thought of it. There's an unwritten rule that you can't claim the common area to sleep and expect the same courtesy as if you were in your bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow i had this same exact situation this summer. what a pain in the ass. the guy's room was terrible too, and he never changed his clothes or did laundry.

Patrick del Poker Grande
10-13-2005, 11:12 AM
You're in college, right? I think standard protocol is a teabag and then you watch tv. Marker shaming is optional, but recommended.

LALDAAS
10-13-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're in college, right? I think standard protocol is a teabag and then you watch tv. Marker shaming is optional, but recommended.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my exact thought! We are 30 years old and would not
hesitate for a second. If fact I would set the camera up and take some pictures of the tea bagging and put them up on his myspace profile!

B Dids
10-13-2005, 11:47 AM
Threads like this would be tons better if you didn't use a poll and just asked people for suggestions.

I think this hinges on precedent. If it's been established that the couch is someplace that people sleep, that's fine. If it's not, I think it's fair to say "hey, do you mind moving into your room"

You'll be the best judge of what's appropriate, you know the guy and you know how he'll respond.

SCfuji
10-13-2005, 11:48 AM
how close are you with him. just go play rekop if hes a new roomy. if hes your buddy throw a cup of ice cold water in his face.

B Dids
10-13-2005, 11:50 AM
We heard he didn't brush his teeth either?

danzasmack
10-13-2005, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if his shoes are on. Otherwise he's legit.

MonkeeMan
10-13-2005, 12:39 PM
If the couch is flame-resistant you should set his hair on fire. If not, go out to a nice restaurant and then a movie.

DasLeben
10-13-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh wait, there is a reason for this. You have no social life and need to have strangers interact in your every day life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, what do you think I was doing for the 2 hours after work? Driving home? Tool.

[ QUOTE ]
if hes your buddy throw a cup of ice cold water in his face.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this idea. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif