PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 limit on PS

10-13-2005, 03:35 AM
New poster here and I think I need help since I'm sure I did not play this as well as it could be, posting some losing hands here so I can get some help from better players. Thanks

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB :#A500AF(Scumbag)/ completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Scumbag checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Scumbag calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Scumbag checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, Scumbag calls.

River: (6 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Scumbag checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Scumbag has 3s Kc (full house, threes full of tens).
Hero has 7h 7s (two pair, tens and sevens).
Outcome: Scumbag wins 6 BB. </font>

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP3 :#A500AF(Scumbag)/ posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 :#A500AF(Scumbag)/ (poster) calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Scumbag calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Scumbag calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Scumbag calls, CO calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Scumbag raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kc Ks (one pair, kings).
Scumbag has 7d 6s (straight, nine high).
Outcome: Scumbag wins 15.25 BB. </font>

discuss.

10-13-2005, 04:06 AM
Both hands look fine.

Depending on game conditions, you might bet the river on the first hand if you'll get called by A/K-high, but checking here is probably better.

10-13-2005, 05:29 AM
I think you played both hands fine. Scumbag has 6 outs in the first hand, you just got unlucky. If he was slowplaying trips, then he'd almost certainly wake up on the turn, so I would think you are good here. The river is unlikely to have helped him. I think any hand that has you beat will call or checkraise you, while any hand you have beat(Like two overcards which a lot of players like to play to the river) will just fold. Raising for value is not correct here in my opinion, and checking behind is fine.

Second hand it looks like you both played this hand right postflop, scumbag should of course not call with that hand preflop. I think you played fine though, you have no reason to believe you are behind, and a lot of the time you'll be up against Ax or something similar. When he reraises you on the river you are probably beaten, but the pot is much to big to fold.

I think you played both hands fine, but you got unlucky on both. You should post some winning hands also, since a lot of the money people loose is actually from not getting enough value on the hands they win.

xenthebrain
10-13-2005, 09:40 AM
I bet the river for value in hand 1. Ace high calls this.

Hand 2 is standard.

10-13-2005, 09:58 AM
First of all, do not post results. Even when they're in white, people will not be able to resist looking at them and then commenting on them, as we have already seen. The results are unimportant, making the correct play based on the information available at the time is what's important.

As to the hands:

Hand 1, I would definitely bet the river. Scumbag should have raised the turn if he had the full house, so we would assume he's got Ace high and is hoping you don't have the full house either.

Hand 2 was played as I'd have played it. Scumbag's river raise is bad news for you, but the pot's big enough that you have to call the raise anyway.

deception5
10-13-2005, 10:01 AM
Don't think of them as scumbags, think of them as ATMs.

kiddj
10-13-2005, 10:03 AM
For hand #2: do you understand why scumbag's post-flop play was ok? His only error was calling preflop, but it was a small error at best, since he already posted 1 bet. (I probably wouldn't have called your pf raise, but a lot of people don't want to be pushed off there 1st hand at a table.)