PDA

View Full Version : How many tables?

10-13-2005, 02:47 AM
First of all, I appreciate everyone for not reaming me out for my first two posts. If you haven't looked at my first post I have a bankroll of about 300 which I built up from SnGs. I have recently started to add tables. I am up to three and am getting to the bubble alot. I like to think that I play TAG. My play is pretty mechanical so with my bankroll should I extend myself to play 4 tables? or should I play 2-3 until I extend my bankroll?

HesseJam
10-13-2005, 03:21 AM
If you play the 109s you may have to stay at 2-3 tables. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Seriously, it depends only on what you think how much edge you are giving up by adding a table because your level of play per table deteriorates. If you think you play 4 tables just as well as 3 then there is no difference. Chances are you are better off if you stayed at your current limit and add a table than if you moved up with the same amount of tables because your bankroll is still very low. So I think you should play the 10+1s, probably until you hit 600-800.

runner4life7
10-13-2005, 03:29 AM
i agree. try 4 tabling and as long as it doesnt affect your game do that till the BR builds up. You dont need a bigger BR to 4 table as opposed to 3 table.

10-13-2005, 03:30 AM
I think I can play four tables at once and have. The only fear I have is having to reload. I have money saved up but want to us that as a back fall just in case I go broke. I just hate posting like this as I feel like I should be up there with the 109 and 215 crowd because I've invested so much time and money into this interest. Oh well keep on truckin' I'll get there.

10-13-2005, 03:35 AM
Thanks for posting runner. I have read and enjoyed your posts. I know that 3 tabling and 4 tabling isn't that different, but hearing from the people that play the higher limits helping the people that have done the homework and spent the time, but have been stupid with the way they handled their bankroll is awesome. Thanks.

lorinda
10-13-2005, 05:45 AM
It seems to be a personal thing.

On my hideous monitor that I'm sure you've heard about, I find 4 tables and 6 tables to be close to identical, but I do far better if I stick to 3 tables.

There is almost no point in me playing 4 or 5 tables.

Lori

10-13-2005, 01:25 PM
Willy, I would let the bankroll grow until you're not thinking about it anymore. If you are playing well enough for it to be profitable to add another table, it will grow fast anyway.

Choosing a SNG buy-in is like chatting up a girl. If you're thinking about the size of your bankroll, then you're out of your league.