PDA

View Full Version : Partypoker: Can you just be your own affiliate?

10-13-2005, 02:33 AM
I haven't noticed anyone talk about this, so I guess you can't do it?

Affiliates can choose to get 20% of the players rake, right? Can't I just sign up as an affiliate, and just have me play? Or sign myself up?

Could someone tell me why we can't do this?

x2ski
10-13-2005, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Affiliates can choose to get 20% of the players rake, right? Can't I just sign up as an affiliate, and just have me play? Or sign myself up?

[/ QUOTE ]

apparantly if you don't consistently attract new sign-ups, they eventually cut you off.

MILFChaser
10-13-2005, 02:39 AM
There is a way to be your own affiliate and never get shut down for this reason. It is legit as well.

Edited for horrible typing

10-13-2005, 02:40 AM
Do they have a set quota you have to meet?

StellarWind
10-13-2005, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Signing yourself up is against the rules and will get your affiliate account frozen.

Unless you create an elaborate scheme to conceal your actions and deliver a steady flow of new signups that actually play you are unlikely to ever see any money.

This topic is as old as the hills. Search the archives.

iMcompliKted
10-13-2005, 02:42 AM
Here's 3 reasons not to do that: 1. They will cut you off after a few months without new sign-ups as previously mentioned. 2. You are not allowed to sign yourself up so you would have to create a false account. 3. You could get a better percentage through other avenues.

MILFChaser
10-13-2005, 02:45 AM
This is correct, let me rephrase. There is a way to be effectively your own affiliate, ie getting a % of your own play as well as all others you sign up.

It is legit and if you look in the right places you can get a good %.

10-13-2005, 03:01 AM
3. You could get a better percentage through other avenues.

What are those avenues, at this point?

pyroponic
10-13-2005, 06:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There is a way to be your own affiliate and never get shut down for this reason. It is legit as well.

Edited for horrible typing

[/ QUOTE ]

How many people do you have to sign up monthly? Is there anyway to get around this or minimize the number of people you have to sign up?

Trix
10-13-2005, 07:20 AM
If itīs legit, maybe take the time to describe how ?

Degen
10-13-2005, 08:54 AM
You can do this, yes.

Though it is better to go with an established affiliate as they get a higher percentage.

For example, I know one who is offering 26% currently...if you went on your own you could only get 20%.

MarkD
10-13-2005, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

apparantly if you don't consistently attract new sign-ups, they eventually cut you off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an affiliate account because I was semi-interested in setting one up about 10 months ago. I signed up 2 or 3 people in the first month or two and no one since. None of the people really play anymore.

I get a statement everymonth for the $1 that someone generated in rake for me.

I've never been shutdown.

ps. I have no desire to get into any affiliate business at all - do not PM me.

kapw7
10-13-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can do this, yes.

Though it is better to go with an established affiliate as they get a higher percentage.

For example, I know one who is offering 26% currently...if you went on your own you could only get 20%.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you can get 25% minimum. And yes I prefer to be my own affiliate b/c i don't intend to cheat myself. But I haven't signep up yet. And I'm losing my interest for poker...

robinsons
10-13-2005, 03:06 PM
it is against their T+C's. if they notice the only signup you have has the exact same details as your affiliate account, I doubt it'd last too long.

kapw7
10-13-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it is against their T+C's. if they notice the only signup you have has the exact same details as your affiliate account, I doubt it'd last too long.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK I was going to sign-up my pet anyway