PDA

View Full Version : My VPIP at the X-Party skins has dropped

10-13-2005, 02:13 AM
At 1/2 it's normally around 16, but since party ditched them it's dropped under 14. The tables are so TAG that I can't open limp anything cuz I'll get raised 80% of the time and I have to fold my SB a lot. I'm stealing more (40%) and defending my BB more (fold 55%) to make up for it somewhat, but not enough.
Is this VPIP too low for these tables and what hands can I play to increase it?

milesdyson
10-13-2005, 02:24 AM
follow someone really loose around, isolate him, and find someone new if there's a crazy bastard behind you raising light because he wants a piece of the fish.

adsman
10-13-2005, 04:37 AM
Yeah but party has become so sweeet now that all the sharks from the skins who were getting rakeback have been dropped off. I've never seen the tables so loose and passive.

DavidC
10-13-2005, 06:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah but party has become so sweeet now that all the sharks from the skins who were getting rakeback have been dropped off. I've never seen the tables so loose and passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe it or not, I actually think that over time this will lead to a HUGE degradation of the game on the skins, and a noticable degradation of the game on party.

I think that eventually most of the sharks will come back to party, but the fishies will stay on the skins. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I could be wrong, but I've noticed some pretty tight games recently. However, I've been playing at horrible hours recently too.

10-13-2005, 10:58 AM
I just played at Party today for my first time from 6-8 AM and 3 of my 4 tables were 16/7 or some crap like that. What are the good hours?

MrWookie47
10-13-2005, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
At 1/2 it's normally around 16, but since party ditched them it's dropped under 14. The tables are so TAG that I can't open limp anything cuz I'll get raised 80% of the time and I have to fold my SB a lot. I'm stealing more (40%) and defending my BB more (fold 55%) to make up for it somewhat, but not enough.
Is this VPIP too low for these tables and what hands can I play to increase it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you at full tables? I've been able to find decent, although not great, games at 3/6 6 max.

bozlax
10-13-2005, 11:20 AM
It just can't be said enough: you have to learn to change your game to fit the table. Normally, I'm sLAGgish...around 22 or 23 VPIP (ok, fine, 24 or 26, sheesh!), 12 to 14 PFR and PFA of 2 to 3. Yesterday I put in 500 hands on Empire, working on the PLAYOCT bonus, at 14/9/1.7 at 4.68BB/100. (Ugh, my VPIPSB was 13.) Oh, and my aggression was inverted, highest on the flop and descending to the river.

Here's the key: EVERYBODY'S bored, but nobody wants to go full-blown LAG. So, they wind up being uber-tight but aggressive (not one of the 7 tables I sat on yesterday was over 22 avg VPIP, and all were around 7 or 8 PFR). Stay away from marginal hands unless you're stealing, but think about stealing starting in MP1 or MP2 (obviously with less marginal hands, like A9s). If you're stealing, go hard, believe that they'll fold. Don't be afraid to call down with MPGK, because there's a good chance the guy betting into you has UI overs or BPGK, especially if he's a blind. Don't limp in MP/LP, but be happy to limp in EP with hands you might otherwise raise (AKs/99/etc.).

There's your formula. Now go forth and profit.

ErrantNight
10-13-2005, 11:21 AM
likewise

10-13-2005, 11:39 AM
Yeah, full ring. I've never tried 6max, but I'm terrible in HU(especially blind stealing) situations in FR, so I'll get murdered in 6max.

lautzutao
10-13-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, full ring. I've never tried 6max, but I'm terrible in HU(especially blind stealing) situations in FR, so I'll get murdered in 6max.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the more reason to start learning/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm starting to think that 6-max is like crack, or the dark side of the force...I was afraid of getting murdered as well but I'm doing alright and it's fun as hell. Plus it'll help ya play in those tightish games you're describing.

10-13-2005, 11:45 AM
Congrats on the nice winrate. I cleared that bonus yesterday. Played 2000 hands and broke even. My stats where 14/10/3. How come your aggression drops off so much at these kind of tables? You're going for a limp-reraise with 99 from ep?

WalkAmongUs
10-13-2005, 11:47 AM
I've been playing full ring 2/4 on Party everyday lately between 5-9pm EST and I usually have no problem finding a table >30% VPIP.

If I spend an extra 5 minutes I can get on one >40%. The thing is, these are NEVER the tables with the highest AVG Pot Size. Those tables last about 15 minutes and are then overrun with <18% VPIP players. They then all sit around and play against each other.

Sometimes I feel sorry for the poor bastards...

bozlax
10-13-2005, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Congrats on the nice winrate. I cleared that bonus yesterday. Played 2000 hands and broke even. My stats where 14/10/3. How come your aggression drops off so much at these kind of tables? You're going for a limp-reraise with 99 from ep?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yesterday, it was because I found myself having to expand my WA/WB window. I was finding a lot of players with low VPIP, high WSD...they just weren't letting their shitty hands go. So, say I raise in MP with 88, and the Button is sick of my stealing and 3-bets with AQ/AJ, and I call; flop comes ten-high, I bet, he raises, I call; 7 on the turn, I check/call; Q on the river, I check/call and MHIG.

Here's (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=micro&Number=3654732&F orum=f21&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=3654732 &Search=true&where=sub&Name=24202&daterange=1&newe rval=1&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=# Post3654732) a typical hand from yesterday. No monsters, just realize that the other players at the table are as bored as you are, and if they're in the pot, they seem to be in it for the long haul.

At least, that's what I was finding. Heed the first line of my response...adjust YOUR game to beat THEIR game. Don't assume that MY game will work at YOUR table.