PDA

View Full Version : AA hand

thabadguy
10-13-2005, 02:09 AM
5/10 online, been playing for a about an hour...shown a decent amount of aggression, only shown down one hand with AA, where i flopped nfd and got it all in against short stack with top pair.
I (1100) have AA in MP
3 limpers, i make it 45...4 callers!
flop is 347 checked to me, I bet 150, all fold to Button(1k)
who makes it 300 total,
I call
turn is another 7 he bets 380, i call, river Ace, i move in.
I am most concerned about the turn, all comments welcome.
I was thinking about checking the river, but i think that lets him get away a lil too easy with a lower boat if he has one.

xorbie
10-13-2005, 02:19 AM
Uh, if he is UTG, and you are MP, how would checking the river make any sense at all?

thabadguy
10-13-2005, 02:23 AM
Oh wow, cant believe i messed that up, sorry...studying for a test and posting..fixed it.

Garland
10-13-2005, 02:27 AM
A few things would help on this. How about any read on villian?

[ QUOTE ]
flop is 347

[/ QUOTE ]

Suits please!!

[ QUOTE ]
turn is another 7 he bets 380, i call, river Ace, i move in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scary card if you believe he has top pair. Muck if you believe he has top pair/set/straight a vast majority of the time. I push if I believe he's betting a flush draw or an overpair.

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking about checking the river, but i think that lets him get away a lil too easy with a lower boat if he has one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect action. It appears as you're thinking of going for a check-raise. He's first to act UTG, and I don't like the train of thought if you were actually first to act. He's not checking the river here with a boat.

Garland

xorbie
10-13-2005, 03:09 AM
Ok so in general if this is a rainbow flop I think you have to give him credit for at least a 7 here, and pushing I think will likely get called by anything but a bluff, although it's tough to put you on a hand for him, but he'll call anyway getting such good odds 14:4 or something like that.

If there was a flush draw I still probably push anyway, he'll still call with a 7 or better and I think the risk of him checking behind with TT/JJ is too much.