PDA

View Full Version : Four Minutes....

MEbenhoe
10-13-2005, 02:01 AM
the amount of time it took to get a thread which questioned one of the mods locked. you guys are slipping.

mason55
10-13-2005, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the amount of time it took to get a thread which questioned one of the mods locked. you guys are slipping.

[/ QUOTE ]

And here I am all ready to bitch about the shitty movie on ESPN2 right now

10-13-2005, 02:06 AM
He rules with an iron fist, as he promised to. Apparently, that's the type of mod Mat wants here.

pokergrader
10-13-2005, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And here I am all ready to bitch about the shitty movie on ESPN2 right now

[/ QUOTE ]

I know! They covered the races, but didn't cover the rampant steroid use.

[censored]
10-13-2005, 02:08 AM
so everyone knows and can save the disgust. He was PM'd with a warning before being banned.

imported_anacardo
10-13-2005, 02:09 AM
No dizzoubt. Chump-ass busta. Who's PORTMAN PORTMAN PORTMANing now?

mmbt0ne
10-13-2005, 02:10 AM
/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I thought it would be ok to question authority. Was it the multiple threads that took it over the line? Why lock the first thread?

I like MEbes, I think he's a good poster and should be brought back.

mmbt0ne
10-13-2005, 02:11 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
so everyone knows and can save the disgust. He was PM'd with a warning before being banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't see this before I posted. I still think he's too good of a poster in the other forums to be banned though.

SackUp
10-13-2005, 02:11 AM
funnying thing about a locked thread is you can still vote.

ThaSaltCracka
10-13-2005, 02:12 AM
he is a douche. [censored] nice work.

MarkL444
10-13-2005, 02:12 AM
i dont really follow whats going on but if he was warned and then made that poll i say ban him.

mason55
10-13-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tough but fair.

nice work.

[censored]
10-13-2005, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
:(

I thought it would be ok to question authority. Was it the multiple threads that took it over the line? Why lock the first thread?

I like MEbes, I think he's a good poster and should be brought back.

[/ QUOTE ]

He WAS a good poster which is why he was warned. Its not a matter of questioning auhority if you look at some other threads you can see there is plenty of that going on. Its a matter of making some stupid zero content post that doesnt really say much at all besides "[censored] is power happy" or whatever. The forum doesnt need to be clogged up with these lame threads everytime someone is unhappy. They can post within an existing thread, start a new well thought out thread designed to start a discussion or PM Mat or myself.

He was banned for posting immediately after being warned via PM not to.

I don't think this unreasonable at all.

ClaytonN
10-13-2005, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Statements like this aren't right imo. Being a douche does not constitute getting banned, otherwise OOT would get cut in half. Doing what Mebs did though, however, does.

Normally I would back him, but I fail to see [censored] going power trippy. I can't find an example of him going over the line. Sry Matt.

ThaSaltCracka
10-13-2005, 02:20 AM
no he is a douche, sorry you don;t see why.

JaBlue
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SippinSoma
[02:17] s0ma: so everyone knows and can save the disgust. He was PM'd with a warning before being banned.
[02:17] MEbenhoe: no i wasnt?
[02:18] MEbenhoe: wtf?
[02:18] s0ma: that's what censored said in your four minutes thread
[02:18] s0ma: lol
[02:18] evrotrash: TSC is a real douchebag
[02:18] MEbenhoe: whatever, either way all he did was prove my point
[02:19] s0ma: did he PM you or not
[02:19] MEbenhoe: i never saw one

AngryCola
10-13-2005, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really think one could say it was a thread about questioning authority. All he posted was a weak and unoriginal statement in the form of a one option poll. If that's not a worthless thread, I don't know what is.

Now, if he had tried to post something with actual content, I might have a different opinion.

ThaSaltCracka
10-13-2005, 02:22 AM
who gives a [censored], dude is talkin out of his ass.

[censored]
10-13-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[02:17] s0ma: so everyone knows and can save the disgust. He was PM'd with a warning before being banned.
[02:17] MEbenhoe: no i wasnt?
[02:18] MEbenhoe: wtf?
[02:18] s0ma: that's what censored said in your four minutes thread
[02:18] s0ma: lol
[02:18] evrotrash: TSC is a real douchebag
[02:18] MEbenhoe: whatever, either way all he did was prove my point
[02:19] s0ma: did he PM you or not
[02:19] MEbenhoe: i never saw one

[/ QUOTE ]

I assure you I Pm'd him.

PM me with his email address and I will be happy to discuss it with him as I am aware of his contributions outside OOT

ClaytonN
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, why all the hate?

[censored]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, if he had tried to post something with actual content, I might have a different opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

As would I

ThaSaltCracka
10-13-2005, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]also I am way more inclined to believe [censored] than I am mbehomo as weel as eurodouche.

ThaSaltCracka
10-13-2005, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, why all the hate?

[/ QUOTE ]uh....ok.

Eurotrash
10-13-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]also I am way more inclined to believe [censored] than I am mbehomo as weel as eurodouche.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok dude, I never commented on whether MEbenhoe got a warning or not. I just gave my opinion in there

as of late you're being quite a huge dick.

edit: hopefully this doesn't result in you getting your buddy [censored] to ban me.

El Barto
10-13-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you put a read receipt on the PM and receive confirmation that he openned the PM?

I always do this since a lot of people here are slow to open PMs.

ThaSaltCracka
10-13-2005, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok dude, I never commented on whether MEbenhoe got a warning or not. I just gave my opinion in there

as of late you're being quite a huge dick.

edit: hopefully this doesn't result in you getting your buddy [censored] to ban me.

[/ QUOTE ]cool bro, you calling me a "real douche" in an IM to others is quite the douche bag move yourself. Tell your boy to stop being such an idiot.

edit: wtf would you think I would try and get you banned? as far as I can tell (other than this one incident) you aren't a moron.

Edge34
10-13-2005, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really think one could say it was a thread about questioning authority. All he posted was a weak and unoriginal statement in the form of a one option poll. If that's not a worthless thread, I don't know what is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, and this totally deserves getting BANNED from 2+2. Lame as hell in any case.

[censored]
10-13-2005, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you put a read receipt on the PM and receive confirmation that he openned the PM?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, anways he said he didn't read the PM, I have no reason to not believe him we talked and it's been resolved for the time being.

ClaytonN
10-13-2005, 02:32 AM
[censored],

how about you do the thing mat sklansky used to do and give a one day warning or something to the extent. then, either a week long warning ban or a "2 strikes and your out".

this situation is kinda messy as it is. Maybe warnings could ease things out for everyone.

El Barto
10-13-2005, 02:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yep, and this totally deserves getting BANNED from 2+2. Lame as hell in any case.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. He only made 4 posts today. Which one was worthy of the banning?

Eurotrash
10-13-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
cool bro, you calling me a "real douche" in an IM to others is quite the douche bag move yourself. Tell your boy to stop being such an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

since the theme of the day seems to be douche, I really don't think me calling you a douchebag in IRC is a douche move. if you thought I was a shitty poster etc. you'd probably mention it randomly to somebody in AIM.

I wouldn't have said [censored] about you if you didn't chime in with "that guy was a loser, good job [censored]" after every time he bans some one. that's just being a dick imo when it's really unwarranted.

edit: btw, MEbenhoe is not my "boy" and I probably find him almost as annoying as you do. i just don't think he should be banned, and I think it was gay of you to always make the "in your face" type posts after [censored] bans somebody.

why would I think you'd get him to ban me? well you seem to be rather spiteful even since the [censored] era began, so since i called you out for being a dick, why wouldn't you try?

ThaSaltCracka
10-13-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, anways he said he didn't read the PM, I have no reason to not believe him we talked and it's been resolved for the time being.

[/ QUOTE ]
what the [censored] ever, how did he not notice the flashing envelope, [censored] this, what a bunch of bs. Very lame Jeremy.

ThaSaltCracka
10-13-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cool bro, you calling me a "real douche" in an IM to others is quite the douche bag move yourself. Tell your boy to stop being such an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

since the theme of the day seems to be douche, I really don't think me calling you a douchebag in IRC is a douche move. if you thought I was a shitty poster etc. you'd probably mention it randomly to somebody in AIM.

I wouldn't have said [censored] about you if you didn't chime in with "that guy was a loser, good job [censored]" after every time he bans some one. that's just being a dick imo when it's really unwarranted.

[/ QUOTE ]

blah blah blah blah blah.

James282
10-13-2005, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
what the [censored] ever, how did he not notice the flashing envelope, [censored] this, what a bunch of bs. Very lame Jeremy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen to yourselves people. When did OOT turn into Lord of the Flies?
-James

Phoenix1010
10-13-2005, 02:35 AM
I disagree with MEbenhoe on a few things, and I don't think he has a high opinion of me, but I think he's a pretty decent poster. If there's a chance that there was a misunderstanding and the warning wasn't recieved, you should look into reviewing and perhaps overturning this decision. If he got the warning, he definitely should stay banned.

Edit: nevermind it appears to have been taken care of.

Edge34
10-13-2005, 02:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen to yourselves people. When did OOT turn into Lord of the Flies?
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer to that is beyond obvious. [censored] all this commodus stuff, all the user mods. Its not working. Mat did a fine job by himself, and quite frankly, I don't want the entire judgment of what are worthwhile thread's in [censored]'s hands alone. Leave it to the paid guys.

imported_anacardo
10-13-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG ROFL.

"Bullshit! You're not banning hard enough, Jeremy! PWN THOSE N00BS DOOOOOO IIIIIIIIT AAAAAAUUUUUGGGGH PWEOHEGHSDIGHSD:GHIELHSSDIGH:ESHGSEGSEH"

mmbt0ne
10-13-2005, 02:39 AM
[censored] all this commodus stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

You watch your goddamn tongue.

zephed
10-13-2005, 02:42 AM
http://img431.imageshack.us/img431/8007/wwwplus613comass7217mp.jpg

Edge34
10-13-2005, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[censored] all this commodus stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

You watch your goddamn tongue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get carried away sometimes. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Eurotrash
10-13-2005, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, nice to see you're making an effort to understand why I said what I did.

whatever though, I really have no problem other than you being a dick when [censored] bans people.

mmbt0ne

[/ QUOTE ]

POKERJO!?!??!?!

AngryCola
[ QUOTE ]
commodus

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF did he do? That's just not fair to say. You obviously have issues with [censored], but at least make a damn distinction between the different mods' styles and actions.

[ QUOTE ]
all the user mods.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I ask you to post some sort of justification for lumping all the mods together. You have a problem with some of the things [censored] has been doing, and that's fine. I think most people know I've had my issues with him, too. But it's completely silly to bring everyone else into it without some sort of actual reasoning.

zephed
10-13-2005, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

POKERJO!?!??!?!

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm, I think so too. I just googled "nice ass" because I think this thread needed it.

MEbenhoe
10-13-2005, 02:48 AM
well that was interesting. i don't exactly agree with the way [censored] moderates, but he was understanding in this situation so i will stop any bashing of him.

to those of you who seem to have some type of problem with me, i throw the door open to you to openly criticize me. if you wanna say you hate me, that i'm a stupid piece of [censored], or whatever, go right ahead, but an explanation for such strong feelings out of nowhere would be somewhat appreciated. apparently some of you seem to think i hate you too? i hate very few people in life and probably only one or two people on 2+2 and none of them were in this thread, so whatever.

in reparations

http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/TV2/archive/00128/natalie_portman_128757a.jpg

http://www.mk-magazine.com/news/archives/ALBA.jpg

Edge34
10-13-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
commodus

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF did he do? That's just not fair to say. You obviously have issues with [censored], but at least make a damn distiction between the different mods' styles and actions.

[ QUOTE ]
all the user mods.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I ask you to post some sort of justification for lumping all the mods together. You have a problem with some of the things [censored] has been doing, and that's fine. I think most people know I've had my issues with him, too. But it's completely silly to bring everyone else into it without some sort of actual reasoning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its just getting ridiculous the way the user mod stuff is going particularly in this sub-forum. Of course there are good mods, Dynasty, Milo, plenty I can't think of off the top of my head. And of course, I don't have a problem with the godly Commodus, since he's not so much of a mod but more of a highly powerful gimmick (and a damn entertaining one). The thing is, and it should be obvious when you think about it, now we see what happens when one person can just summarily ban people on a whim, no matter how "justified" people say it was.

Basically, it boils down to wondering: what qualifies someone to be a mod? That's something I would wonder even without all the controversy from the guy's stints as a mod under at least 2 names. And when it comes down to BANNING someone over something as trivial as questioning whether a particular mod is ban-happy, well, that's pretty sad. That's all I was ever getting at. I expect this thread to be locked and/or deleted soon since the MEbenhoe drama got resolved.

mason55
10-13-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
well that was interesting. i don't exactly agree with the way [censored] moderates, but he was understanding in this situation so i will stop any bashing of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like a TV shows... High drama, people screaming and calling names. But in the end it all works out after 30 minutes.

I wish every night in OOT was like this.

ThaSaltCracka
10-13-2005, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever though, I really have no problem other than you being a dick when [censored] bans people.

[/ QUOTE ]I never have a problem with you, until you act like a prick behind closed doors. [censored] you and your friend.

thatpfunk
10-13-2005, 03:02 AM
its so simple, don't post stupid [censored] [censored] and you don't get banned.

why do people complain about this when it has been stated a million times. the only people who worry are the people who suck at life.

B Dids
10-13-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I never have a problem with you, until you act like a prick behind closed doors. [censored] you and your friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure why you think it's a dick move to tell people that you think somebody else is stupid? Nobody's under any obligation to share their opinions of other people directly with them.

You just get so worked up over any perceived slight against you made by people that you'll likely never meet and whose opinion of you holds no relevance to you. Just let it go and have fun. You're a good poster as long as you avoid these insane ego driver arguments that break down into stupid namecalling.