PDA

View Full Version : poker vitamins?

10-13-2005, 12:47 AM
I've used Spike by Biotest for about two months now and they are outstanding for focus. I was just wondering what other "drugs" 2+2ers were using besides the obvious roids and cocaine.

Bluff Daddy
10-13-2005, 12:49 AM
I snort adderall

Annulus
10-13-2005, 12:56 AM
caffeine, ephedrine hcl.

Isura
10-13-2005, 01:58 AM
A party SNG player is a machine that turns coffee into ITM finishes.

Karak567
10-13-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

10-13-2005, 02:04 AM
true

10-13-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Erdos is my hero.

lilkunta2
10-13-2005, 03:09 AM
I ALSO BLOW A-BOMBS. YOU GOTTA GO WITH THE 30'S

10-13-2005, 03:36 AM
A-Bombs?

Bigwig
10-13-2005, 03:49 AM
Sam Adams and Marlboros.

10-13-2005, 03:50 AM
God I love you Bigwigs!!!

bawcerelli
10-13-2005, 03:52 AM
Just steriods and cocaine for me. I don't mess around with the heavy stuff. Once in a while though, I will take the plunge and pop a fred flintstone vitamin.

10-13-2005, 03:55 AM
I guess staying off the heavy stuff is okay for a losing player. Do you think ZeeJustin isn't juicing? Please.

bawcerelli
10-13-2005, 03:57 AM
I don't know Willy. Any way you cut it though, I think you're smoking crack.

10-13-2005, 03:59 AM
Well if I wasn't God I would hate you. I'm just trying to make small talk.

AleoMagus
10-13-2005, 03:59 AM
Interestingly, everyone else seems to be citing a lot of stimulants like caffeine, whereas I prefer things that keep me relaxed and calm. I actually stay away from caffeine while I am playing, and try not to play if I am a bit jumpy for whatever reason.

I have tried Valerian, Kava Kava (though you can't get it anymore), and other herbal relaxants but don't really use anything regularly. It's probably half placebo effect anyways, but I found good results in particularly stressful times (running baaaaaaad). I've also tried some aromatherapy stuff like lavender (I think) and though I can't attest to feeling calmed, it did make my apartment smell nice.

Regards
Brad S

10-13-2005, 04:00 AM
Did I ever tell you Brad that you're guide to 10+1's has made me money? if not thanks.

bawcerelli
10-13-2005, 04:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well if I wasn't God I would hate you. I'm just trying to make small talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me guess, I'm not fit to tie your shoelaces, eh Stan?

10-13-2005, 04:03 AM
Don't be mad.

AllinDan
10-13-2005, 04:09 AM
adderall does wonders for my results. . .though that's because it keeps me calm and focused; I don't like to play if I've had caffeine

Bigwig
10-13-2005, 04:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have tried Valerian, Kava Kava ...aromatherapy stuff like lavender (I think)

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you from the future?

10-13-2005, 04:25 AM
Take Spike from Biotest. I'm not a spammer. I just suggest the product. Go to www.t-nation.com. (http://www.t-nation.com.) It's a bodybuilder website, but the product is awesome. No caffeine needed just pure energy and focus from a pill. Sounds silly, but it works.

AleoMagus
10-13-2005, 04:33 AM
From that site:

[ QUOTE ]
How would like to have the energy of ephedrine, without the jitters?

How would you like the mental clarity and mood elevation of amphetamine, without using a controlled substance?

How would you like all of this, without negative side effects: no addiction and no down-regulation of receptors requiring ever-increasing doses?

Well, bubba, you can have it all with one bad-boy . . .

His name is Spike! . . . and he'll blow your freakin' head off – with ammo to spare!

No one else in the world has access to the power ingredients in Spike. A patent has been filed and I'll keep the formula-activation secret out of the public domain forever. Like the secret Coke formula, I consider the Spike formula to be one of our most-valued assets. As such, I'm not going to discuss one single thing about the science behind it, and I'm certainly not going to publish what makes the power turn on.

[/ QUOTE ]

excuse me?

[ QUOTE ]

And before some of you punks assume that the secret behind Spike is simply caffeine or some other pusillanimous, everyday substance, it’s not! So don’t waste your time asking me about it!

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAAAAAAAAA?

[ QUOTE ]
All I'm going to say is, it works – big time!

Even if you had all the raw materials, which you can never get, you'd still be missing the single most important factor: Unless you know how to activate the formula, which can only be done a certain way prior to mixing the ingredients, then you have nothing. And there's absolutely no way to reverse- engineer it.

Anyway, enough of the blustering. We’re about to deliver you the best brain-body ride you'll ever experience – that is, if boundless muscular power and mental clarity are your games. It's like we're chemically hardwiring all your synapses for nuclear war!

So, here's the offer . . .

Try Spike and love it, or don't try Spike and never know what you're missing.

It's that simple!

Spike is totally underground bad!

Spike on!

Be afraid, be very afraid . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

sorry. I hear your endorsement, and that it's worked for you, but this marketing is plain funny. Be afraid...

No thanks
Brad S

10-13-2005, 04:40 AM
Sorry Brad. I'm not trying to sell anything. Please don't think that I'm trying to solicite anything. I've enjoyed you're posts, I'm just trying to tell people that it worked for me.

PrayingMantis
10-13-2005, 06:17 AM
I guess I'm the first to mention these (http://www.pokervitamins.com/).

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I wonder if there's one non-insane person who actually takes it.

10-13-2005, 07:06 AM
20 marlboro reds and black coffee. I'll be dead before I hit 30.

Moonsugar
10-13-2005, 09:18 AM
I noticed that a main ingredient was Choline. I used to take Choline for a while and it did have really good effects on focus. In fact, now I am wondering why I stopped. One wierd side effect was it made my urine flourescent green. LOL.

Mr_J
10-13-2005, 11:05 AM
pepsi max. No sugar.

Superfluous Man
10-13-2005, 12:12 PM
A little Vitamin THC helps stave off insanity.

Deuce2High
10-13-2005, 12:21 PM
Reading this thread makes me feel like I'm about to go into a relapse.

eastbay
10-13-2005, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the obvious roids

[/ QUOTE ]

I find that roids are great for intimidating your opponents at online poker.

eastbay

pooh74
10-13-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
From that site:

[ QUOTE ]
How would like to have the energy of ephedrine, without the jitters?

How would you like the mental clarity and mood elevation of amphetamine, without using a controlled substance?

How would you like all of this, without negative side effects: no addiction and no down-regulation of receptors requiring ever-increasing doses?

Well, bubba, you can have it all with one bad-boy . . .

His name is Spike! . . . and he'll blow your freakin' head off – with ammo to spare!

No one else in the world has access to the power ingredients in Spike. A patent has been filed and I'll keep the formula-activation secret out of the public domain forever. Like the secret Coke formula, I consider the Spike formula to be one of our most-valued assets. As such, I'm not going to discuss one single thing about the science behind it, and I'm certainly not going to publish what makes the power turn on.

[/ QUOTE ]

excuse me?

[ QUOTE ]

And before some of you punks assume that the secret behind Spike is simply caffeine or some other pusillanimous, everyday substance, it’s not! So don’t waste your time asking me about it!

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAAAAAAAAA?

[ QUOTE ]
All I'm going to say is, it works – big time!

Even if you had all the raw materials, which you can never get, you'd still be missing the single most important factor: Unless you know how to activate the formula, which can only be done a certain way prior to mixing the ingredients, then you have nothing. And there's absolutely no way to reverse- engineer it.

Anyway, enough of the blustering. We’re about to deliver you the best brain-body ride you'll ever experience – that is, if boundless muscular power and mental clarity are your games. It's like we're chemically hardwiring all your synapses for nuclear war!

So, here's the offer . . .

Try Spike and love it, or don't try Spike and never know what you're missing.

It's that simple!

Spike is totally underground bad!

Spike on!

Be afraid, be very afraid . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

sorry. I hear your endorsement, and that it's worked for you, but this marketing is plain funny. Be afraid...

No thanks
Brad S

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the writer of the ad was snorting Spike when he wrote that...

10-13-2005, 01:38 PM
"I actually stay away from caffeine while I am playing, and try not to play if I am a bit jumpy for whatever reason."

Interesting, I try to stay away from conciousness without caffeine.

Slim Pickens
10-13-2005, 01:47 PM
One 32oz souvenir Oakland Athletics cup of ice water per set, plus one bathroom trip after each...

jeffraider
10-13-2005, 02:00 PM
I'm such a massive force in any SNG I play it gets boring to win so much, so I sometimes will give my opponents a break and smoke a lot of weed/drink a lot of booze.

pokerlaw
10-13-2005, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I ALSO BLOW A-BOMBS. YOU GOTTA GO WITH THE 30'S

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, used to call those "Frisbees" back in undergrad.

Manque
10-13-2005, 03:02 PM
I took adderall at a party once and ended up insisting to a girl that I buy her a pair of gloves.

Manque
10-13-2005, 03:05 PM
Hey, if it's good enough of Negreanu....

(nice to see the poker world not selling out)

Manque
10-13-2005, 03:09 PM
Yeah but you probably don't play in tough games like the $20's where you need to be at the top of your game to dominate. If you don't believe me just ask Stanzee.

Femto
10-14-2005, 02:19 PM
I too vouch for Spike. I and a lot of people I know use it religiously at the gym, and it really makes workouts much better. It's effects are also helpful for other things, like test-cramming, poker, and socializing (makes words flow). Biotest is one of the only reputable, trustworthy workout supplement companies out there and t-nation is pretty much the 2+2 of bodybuilding/nutrition. Those guys know their stuff.

SuitedSixes
10-14-2005, 03:30 PM
This thread is awesome!

Dr. Pepper makes me feel good.

jeffraider
10-14-2005, 03:36 PM
I have played as high as the $33s while stoned!

10-14-2005, 03:39 PM
I played sets of 4 at the 11s after about 15 beers and still did okay. i guess I probably the best player that has ever lived. Peace out yo.

jwvdcw
10-14-2005, 04:21 PM
beer

seriously. Drink a few during 99% of the MTTs I play and about 50% of the time I'm STTing.

10-15-2005, 01:01 AM
I really wanted to hear from Jusin Bonomo.

Khern
10-15-2005, 01:28 AM
I use Ben&Jerry's and lots of pepsi.

I will also chew up a couple of Walmart brand multi's and was them down with more pepsi.

Over the years I've tried a lot of different supplements for both mental and physical performance. Tyrosine was reasonable, Phosphadytl(sp?) Serine was good but expensive, Acytle-L-carnitine seemed to help but in an odd way- not directly increasing intense concentration... Ephedrine made me want to do physical, rather than mental, activities... Didn't notice any help from Ginko.

I believe my ancestry, family desease patterns, and biochemical markers point to a high meat, high fat diet. I eat range fed meat and eggs. I use the other foods as stimulant/irritants.

John

stanzee
10-15-2005, 01:28 AM
Doing a few lines and drinking beer when i play poker is fine for my game. I draw the line on smoking weed though. The one time i played stoned, i could not play for sh t. Took away all my concentration, reads and general perfect play /images/graemlins/confused.gif