PDA

View Full Version : AA on turn raise

SenecaJim
10-13-2005, 12:11 AM
I have AA under the gun, live 5-10 game. Loose game, extremely passive preflop, raising with best hand average postflop action.

I raise, MP1 reraises, Cutoff caps. Six players are in.
Flop is 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet out, MP1 raises, button ( who had started getting looser and looser preflop and had cold called all 4 bets,but played well after flop) called both bets. I called. I KNOW I should have reraised here, mistake. Anyway,
turn comes 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I checked, ( I was in my 18th hour of straight play is my only excuse here). Might have had slight tilt as in not playing as well as can ( I never rant, pout, or make snide comments ) after back to back bad beats earlier.

MP1 bets out. the loose but solid button rasies. He had only raised 2 hands in hour he had been playing, both nuts. Any T beats me , pair of tens seemed reasonable hand as well as JJ or, for this group any 2 suited cards that one contain paint.

I know this pot is large and I understand Ed's comments, but he says almost never right.

So, my question is, caught in middle between lag on my left and solid raising into me from right, could be several more bets before river gets here. I beat nothing but another pair, obviously.

So, what would Jesus or Ed do? I know they wouldn't misplay the hand like I did, but i mean situation NOW. Can folding ever be right with circumstances and images and actions like these?

please give all you comments. I can't stop thinking if I made the right play ( It worked out right for my results, but that might solidify a bad play in this situation,,,even worse.

Please comment on right play, and throw in some abuse about poor play on early streets and stupidity of marathon sessions if you must. LOve you guys, thanks.

10-13-2005, 12:21 AM
I think in general what they talk about in SSHE is not folding for one or two bets in a big pot. This could be very expensive to a see a showdown, and you have no outs against a str8 or a flush. I think you can fold here.

JacksonTens
10-13-2005, 12:22 AM
Your facing 2 cold against two aggro on a draw heavy bored where the flush and straight both got there....

Do you have the A /images/graemlins/club.gif???

If not I fold when the rock raises. (Is that read on $$$)

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

hobbsmann
10-13-2005, 12:23 AM
Do you have the Ac? With the trump A I would cold call two and try to see this river cheaply. If you spike the flush lead. As you already said you really need to 3-bet the flop.

SenecaJim
10-13-2005, 12:31 AM
No, I did not have the A /images/graemlins/club.gif for the redraw, thanks for metnioning that, I forgot. I'm not sure if MPI will reraise again or not. I really got a lesson here in betting position, not seating position. i put myself in that tough decision by not showing more aggression of my own I encouraged it against me and now I don't know how to read it. Amazing how mistakes can precipitate new mistakes or hard decisons in same hand even.

SenecaJim
10-13-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your facing 2 cold against two aggro on a draw heavy bored where the flush and straight both got there....

Do you have the A /images/graemlins/club.gif???

If not I fold when the rock raises. (Is that read on $$$)

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

[/ QUOTE ],,

NO A /images/graemlins/club.gif. Not a rock as much as stragihtforward. He seemed tight at first and then started playing lot of crap hands. Dumping them if didnt' hit and raising if he hit flop strong, otherwise call you down.

hobbsmann
10-13-2005, 12:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No, I did not have the A /images/graemlins/club.gif for the redraw, thanks for metnioning that, I forgot. I'm not sure if MPI will reraise again or not. I really got a lesson here in betting position, not seating position. i put myself in that tough decision by not showing more aggression of my own I encouraged it against me and now I don't know how to read it. Amazing how mistakes can precipitate new mistakes or hard decisons in same hand even.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way this hand played out you need to fold the turn when it is two back to you given the board even though the pot is huge.