PDA

View Full Version : opinions on empire?

joker122
10-13-2005, 12:03 AM
i'm 4 tabling 5/10 right now - i'm not crazy about any of the 4.

blackize
10-13-2005, 12:07 AM
Get better at poker

baronzeus
10-13-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Get better at poker

[/ QUOTE ]

dont be a douchebag.

yes, the games are way way worse than party.

blackize
10-13-2005, 12:21 AM
Its a fair statement. Everyone around here gets to treat anyone they like as a douche. But in this case getting better at poker is an opinion on how to deal with Empire.

The games still aren't bad in fact they are very beatable. They just aren't as good. Not to mention that his post has been answered 100 times before and he answered his own question, he deserves the douche treatment.

joker122
10-13-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Get better at poker

[/ QUOTE ]

oh..you know what? that's actually a really relevant and well-informed statement. please post more?

blackize
10-13-2005, 12:35 AM
Note: Dont ask questions you know the answer to. Dont ask questions that have been discussed to death.

joker122
10-13-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dont ask questions you know the answer to

[/ QUOTE ]

um...once again, spot on!

blackize
10-13-2005, 12:59 AM
My sarcasm detector is off the charts

obsidian
10-13-2005, 01:01 AM
Seriously man stop being an ass. Yea, I've been watching empire and the games are not very good. I have however found great games at other non-party sites.

blackize
10-13-2005, 01:08 AM
How am I being an ass? If the games are too tough for you on the Party skins then you need to get better at poker or leave. His post shows that these games are either too hard for him or he isn't comfortable with a game that tough.

deepsquat
10-13-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How am I being an ass? If the games are too tough for you on the Party skins then you need to get better at poker or leave. His post shows that these games are either too hard for him or he isn't comfortable with a game that tough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did he say the games are too tough at Empire?

blackize
10-13-2005, 01:13 AM
When he says he doesn't like the 4 tables he is on. I take that to mean either they are too tough for him or much tougher than what he is used to and he isn't comfortable with that.

pshabi
10-13-2005, 01:15 AM
deleted by Rob

deepsquat
10-13-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When he says he doesn't like the 4 tables he is on. I take that to mean either they are too tough for him or much tougher than what he is used to and he isn't comfortable with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

hes making a general statement on a public forum, i didnt take it to mean that it was too tough for him, but that ideally he'd like looser tables. Not sure why this rubbed you the wrong way dude.

SinCityGuy
10-13-2005, 01:36 AM
You guys need to make some adjustments for the changes in the games on the former skins.

First, a lot of the former 2+2 multitabling TAG's are gone. That's right, gone. Good news there.

Second, there is a huge misconception that Empire/Eurobet/Multipoker/Intertops is 100% comprised of former Party players who signed up for rakeback. This is not the case. Empire and Multipoker do quite a bit of advertising in Europe. There are several thousand fish (mostly European) who saw some advertisement in the last couple of years and clicked on the main site to open an account (just like we did on Party two or three years ago). These European fish play predominantly from 1PM-5PM EST. They don't know what rakeback is, and they don't know how to play poker (just like the fish on Party). Those are their prime hours, and that's when you'll see the skins at their highest player count (around 10,000 or so at peak).

The problem is that you guys are still in the mindset that the best games are always in the evenings here in the U.S. Well, with the separation, that's not the case anymore. Good, beatable games are still around, but you need to concentrate on the afternoon hours here in the U.S. That's when most of the fish are online. When you guys come on in the evening, the fish are asleep in Europe, the player count is low, and you swap money back and forth.

I hope this helps some of you guys.

blackize
10-13-2005, 01:36 AM
If he would like looser tables then he should move elsewhere. My opinion on empire is that you need to get better at poker or find looser games or settle for a lower winrate.

Plus I felt like being a dick

wackjob
10-13-2005, 02:45 AM
I been playing 10/20 all night 1-3 tables, cleaning up right now. The selection is not as good, but there are plenty of fish, plenty of easy games IMO.

obsidian
10-13-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I been playing 10/20 all night 1-3 tables, cleaning up right now. The selection is not as good, but there are plenty of fish, plenty of easy games IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have noticed this is as well. I've decided that unless party decides to give some reason for me to play there I'm not. Bad players are everywhere.

10-13-2005, 04:39 AM
people can actually fold in these games. it's weird.

10-13-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Plus I felt like being a dick

[/ QUOTE ]

Your ego is undeserved because you feel you are better at poker than the OP. Forum = discussion, not unsolicited advice.

That being said, someone mentioned that the time the fish are out is different; that is 100% the case. For those of use who play after work on the west coast, the skins will have to be a weekend only place to play.

blackize
10-13-2005, 01:57 PM
I never claimed to be a better poker player than the OP. I realize that forum=discussion. He asked for an opinion and he got mine.

jba
10-13-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The question that should have been obvious to anyone with a half brain is whether or not the higher quality of the games on the party network outweigh the EV of rakeback on the skins network. If you are an expert at poker you are going to win more money from softer games, that's just how it works. If you are able to beat the party network for 3.5bb/100 and the skin network for 2.2bb/100 you are better off playing on party and the only reason to play on the skins is because of principle (which is somewhat dumb because PP obviously still gets a cut) or to show off your apparently gigantic 2p2 cybercock. Most of us are looking for the most profitable games possible.

To OP: If you fire up a 5/10 sh table on the skins and one on the party network, there is a significant difference. I have a decent sample size, but obviously no way to conver to +/- bb/100

aK13
10-13-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I never claimed to be a better poker player than the OP. I realize that forum=discussion. He asked for an opinion and he got mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because "getting better at poker" is a direct opinion of Empire poker...I don't see the connection.

Stop being a smartass.