PDA

View Full Version : connection to poker sites absolutely horrible at UCLA...

benneh
10-12-2005, 11:22 PM
anyone attend UCLA or attended it? I'm trying to fix my connection. its absoltuely horrible to poker sites. i cant even play 5 hands during 1 break in a tournament. i disconnect repeatedly, and when i reconnect, i don't get any confirmation that i am until i'm disconnected again.

my actual connection is decent. my down and up speeds are amazing, but for some reason the connection to poker sites is bad. when i open pokerstars and click network status, I get bad connection to every single site listed. and by the way, one of the sites listed is UCLA!!!!!!!! what the hell?

ive emailed support several times and it was actualyl fixed for a small period of time, but after pokerstars upgraded its software it was borked again.

anyone know how i can fix this? this is driving me crayz. i play poker to pay for schooling, so this isnt verygood for me.

TheTROLL
10-13-2005, 06:09 AM
Have you asked your network administrator? Sounds like they might be throttling (limiting throughput on) the TCP ports used by poker clients to conserve network capacity.

Maulik
10-14-2005, 07:36 AM
find out the ip address of pokerstars or partypoker &
start --> run --> cmd -->

"ping partypoker.com"

and for reference "ping google.com"