PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, and a temporary adieu (nc)

DrewOnTilt
10-12-2005, 10:34 PM
I would like to give a shout out to all of you on these boards who have helped me with my hold 'em game. My game has improved immensely over the past year; much of that improvement is thanks to feedback and hand reviews that you guys have given to me.

That being said, it is time for me to take a break from online hold 'em. I have decided to take some time off from online hold 'em and focus on learning Omaha/8.

I have come to this decision for a number of reasons:
-I am on a horrid downswing /images/graemlins/frown.gif
-I am bored with online hold 'em
-O/8 appears to be a good way to get really practiced at calculating odds and outs
-From what I could tell, the Party mid-limit games look juicy. In a game I watched yesterday, some fish played against a raise with Q /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif now what kind of [censored] hand can you make out of that?

Don't get me wrong - you people are not rid of me! I'll still play live on weekends and on occasion during the week to keep my game sharp, and I will still contribute to the discussions here.

Seriously, fellas, thanks for all of the help.

Harv72b
10-12-2005, 10:38 PM
I /images/graemlins/heart.gif O8

paperboyNC
10-12-2005, 10:39 PM
Good luck bro! I actually spent about a month playing low-limit O/8 on party and loved it. After I leant stud I was proud of becoming a complete poker player. I think you'll enjoy it a lot.

Now if I could just learn how to crush MTTs (multi-table-tourneys)... /images/graemlins/smile.gif