PDA

View Full Version : Getting to know her

gol4pro
10-12-2005, 10:17 PM
I'm a golfer by the way...

I'm probably considered a stereotypical non-Alpha male.

So there's this girl... I'm sure you've never heard that one before. She plays golf for another school, and I see her at tournaments fairly frequently. I met her briefly last year at a tournament coming up next week, and we only talked for a second-- but she seemed really cool. I haven't talked to her since (I saw her today at the qualifier for it), but she was talking to her teammates. The only reason I really know who she is, is our brother's are good friends, and live on the same hall in college, and this same brother was a Senior when I was a freshman.

Although I know who she is, it wouldn't surprise me at all if she didn't remember me and/or didn't know who I was. I know she'll be at this tournament, and want to get to know her... but I'm kinda unsure how given there's going to be a ton of people around.

Just ask me to explain if that was way too vague.

Brainwalter
10-12-2005, 10:19 PM
Talk to her. This post sucks.

jakethebake
10-12-2005, 10:19 PM
Hi. I'm Joe Golfdork. I don't know if you remember me, but our brothers know each other.

10-12-2005, 10:20 PM
walk up tp her, look her dead in the eye, and say, "I'm tryin to get a hole in one...in your pants. Tell me, should I use my pitching wedge or my nine iron?" That ALWAYS gets the golfer chicks.
Peace,
Justin

HopeydaFish
10-12-2005, 10:26 PM
You both are good at golf. You therefore have something in common. It shouldn't be that hard to start a conversation.

gol4pro
10-12-2005, 10:34 PM
That's the lines I was thinking along, just didn't know if it would seem weird.

Muito Obrigado.

InchoateHand
10-12-2005, 10:35 PM
I don't think you should gamble illegaly.

gol4pro
10-12-2005, 10:39 PM
I'm 18-- I'm a senior.

Phoenix1010
10-12-2005, 10:40 PM
Get drunk, then call her.

slickpoppa
10-12-2005, 10:42 PM
Go up to her with a golf club in your hand and ask her if she has heard of Martha Moxley

CardSharpCook
10-12-2005, 10:44 PM
siddle up to her and ask if she might care to put a little wager on her next performance.

Tell her you are a poker pro with a huge bankroll and you've seen her play and want to fund her way on to the LPGA.

Tell her you get butterflies in your stomach every time you see her.

Do you know you have the sexiest follow-through I've ever seen?

So...uh...You wanna go on a date?

Me Tarzan. You Jane.

I've got another shaft you might want to get your hands on!! (move eyebrows up and down several times)

Do you like Nachos? Do you like football? Would you like to come over to my house and have some nachos and watch football?

Just stare at her really hard for a long time and when she comes over to ask why you are staring at her say, "What do you mean? YOU were staring at ME!"

Ok, these are getting worse, and they were never that good to begin with. Just choose from the list.

Colonel Kataffy
10-12-2005, 10:56 PM
Whats her phone number, I'll call her for you, make the date and tell you where and when to pick her up. For a reasonable fee ofcourse.

10-12-2005, 11:01 PM
http://www.fairadvice.org.uk/graphics/gran-yippee.jpg

Stu Pidasso
10-12-2005, 11:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi. I'm Joe Golfdork. I don't know if you remember me, but our brothers know each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

....sometime after that work in, "I'm going to the driving range on thursday around 3:00 would you like to join me?"(that sets up the first date)

While at the driving range work in a bet that you will beat her in miniature golf(that sets up the second date). If necessary give her a healthy handicap so she will accept. Make the wager that whoever loses has to buy the other dinner at a nice restuarant(that sets up the third date).

Stu

Eurotrash
10-12-2005, 11:13 PM
ask her if she wants to see your extra stiff shaft and 460cc head.

she'll swoon.

10-12-2005, 11:27 PM
Post deleted by Nut4Dawgs

mmbt0ne
10-12-2005, 11:34 PM
lol, this is such bad advice. Do you teach Stalker 101 or something?

But seriously though, Stu more or less nailed it.

CardSharpCook
10-12-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You don’t want her to think you’re a stalker.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you wouldn't want that.

webmonarch
10-12-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Talk to her. This post sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

People who just post a message to berate the OP suck. Ignore or STFU. Thanks.

10-12-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Go to her college web site and look for the girl’s golf team info, if they have any. Some don’t have much, some have a lot. (I know, I’ve got nieces playing college and high school golf and I follow their teams.) Learn as much as you can about her team, their wins/losses, etc. Won’t hurt to tell her, later, you’ve “occasionally” checked on her school/team since you met last year, “just out of natural curiosity, of course.” You don’t want her to think you’re a stalker.

If you can get to the course where they’re playing, early, go find the sign-in table. Ask about the pairing times. They might even have some sheets for passouts. She’ll probably be on the range or the putting green. Wander around and find her. Watch her. Maybe you’ll notice something about her swing, putting, etc., that you can point out to her or compliment her on, but not before she plays!

Follow her as she plays. Remember every damned thing you can about her match. Good and bad. The other girl drains a 64’ uphill, 3’ breaker (a suckout bad beat - whatever that means) - you can offer solace and commiserate. Your intended busts (no pun intended) a drive 270, dead solid perfect on no. 6 - you can ask her about her driver: new? Like it?, etc. You see where I’m headed? You’re going to talk about her. You’re interested in her and you want to make sure she knows it.

Ideally, she’ll notice you following, but it won’t bother her. Hopefully she’ll remember you - instantly. Make sure you’re at the scoreboard after the matches. She’ll be there. Suck it up and walk up to her. Congratulate or commiserate, as the situation dictates. Good chance she’s going to be looking at you and wondering “who tha hell is this?” Best case, she actually remembers you. Now you tell her about last year, wanted to meet her, yada yada yada.

g/l from an ex-non-Alpha

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect, you are not possibly thinking of... Oh my word, you are!

10-12-2005, 11:45 PM
OK, I got it. Sorry.

/images/graemlins/blush.gif

siccjay
10-12-2005, 11:49 PM
You ask for advice before you have even talked to her?

You have no chance.

gamblore99
10-13-2005, 12:38 AM
20 replies without a SIIHP comment? Man OOTs changed.

tonypaladino
10-13-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Get drunk, then call her.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the way to go. Do you see why?

MEbenhoe
10-13-2005, 01:19 AM
she already has a bf, problem solved

10-13-2005, 01:55 AM
Just hypnotize her, then you can tie her up and keep her

B00T
10-13-2005, 01:59 AM
Listen to Stu he knows what he is talkin about. Except for that 4 non blondes CD cover avatar /images/graemlins/cool.gif

10-13-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
20 replies without a SIIHP comment? Man OOTs changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its implied, really

Cosimo
10-13-2005, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So there's this girl...

[/ QUOTE ]

The standard response is Go F* Ten Other Women. After you've gotten good at that, you'll have the sk1llz for your oneitis-girl, plus you may not care about her any more.

But if you're happy being Beta, then, uh, what they said.

NiR
10-13-2005, 03:14 AM
PIITB

CardSharpCook
10-13-2005, 03:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
she already has a bf, problem solved

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this always true?

ChipWrecked
10-13-2005, 03:38 AM
She is a lesbian. Move along.

MEbenhoe
10-13-2005, 03:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
She is bi, shoot for the 3 way

[/ QUOTE ]

theres always hope

ChipWrecked
10-13-2005, 03:46 AM
He sees her at a lot of golf tournaments. There is no hope. She whistles to the wheat field.