PDA

View Full Version : Overpair, and I really want to fold.

Borodog
10-12-2005, 10:14 PM
Villain is 12, 3.85 over 130 hands.

I was calling this down unless an A or K hit, in which case I was planning on folding. But I really felt like check-folding on every street. Thoughts?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6.66 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.66 BB

Harv72b
10-12-2005, 10:26 PM
3.85 PFR probably doesn't 3-bet AK preflop, but he might. Would he do it often enough to justify calling the turn bet &amp; getting about 6:2 to call down? Probably not.

I might've tried leading the flop, but the problem there is that he could very well go into calldown mode with a bigger PP, fearing flopped trips. So, yeah...I think I do like check/call, check/fold against this opponent. Maybe even check/fold the flop is he's as passive postflop as pre.

felix83
10-12-2005, 10:39 PM
As usual Harv put this better than I could have. But I'll try to add a different opinion. Rather than check calling all the way, if you wanted to take a shot you could try a c/r on the flop and a lead on the turn if he calls. It costs less than calling all the way, and if he either 3 bets the flop or raises the turn, you can safely fold.

Borodog
10-12-2005, 10:48 PM
I think part of the problem on this hand is the way I've been running in this session. I'm getting beat like a drum, and everyone is seeing it. Having to lay down an assload of hands I raised pre-flop.

I think that affected me psychologically. I know this guy would not 3 bet me with anything I was beating. Check-raising/leading at any point is spewing. But alas, I couldn't make the fold. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

You should see some of the other crappy plays I'm making right now. I just called a CO open raise with 22 in the big blind, and called down because I knew the guy was full of crap. He had Q3o and rivered a 3. Had I shown some guts anywhere in the hand, I'd have taken it down. But several hands now I've been 3 bet on the turn and had to lay down. I don't want to get 3 bet here and I don't want to fold. I'm playing like **** right now. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Harv72b
10-12-2005, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should see some of the other crappy plays I'm making right now. I just called a CO open raise with 22 in the big blind, and called down because I knew the guy was full of crap. He had Q3o and rivered a 3. Had I shown some guts anywhere in the hand, I'd have taken it down. But several hands now I've been 3 bet on the turn and had to lay down. I don't want to get 3 bet here and I don't want to fold. I'm playing like **** right now. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Been there, done that. It sucks.

Take a break...there's no point getting the hands in if you're not playing well. Or if the cards are against you &amp; you therefore have a big target painted on your forehead. /images/graemlins/frown.gif