PDA

View Full Version : 50/100 UB Bluff

KaneKungFu123
10-12-2005, 10:13 PM
Read the hand history first, then read my analysis:

He check-calls the flop after a long time of thinking, then instant checks the turn. this screams weakness to me. i dont think he plays AA or KK this way. So most likely has a medium pair, QQ or less, probably less. I follow through on the turn. He calls. River is the King, and he checks to me? He doesnt have AA or KK now for sure. I push it all-in very confident he is folding.

------------------------------------------------------------
Hand #8515054-44074 at Fortenza (No Limit Hold'em)
Powered by UltimateBet
Started at 12/Oct/05 22:02:28

ScHiLeRo g0d is at seat 0 with $5000 (sitting out).
KaneKungFu123 is at seat 1 with $10170.50.
flamey is at seat 2 with $12932.
roger m is at seat 3 with $5088.
Devilfish is at seat 4 with $900.
HAYYEN is at seat 5 with $17644.
mulberry1 is at seat 6 with $12120.50.
peachpit is at seat 7 with $5097.
B_Money is at seat 8 with $14270.50.
Tipsy Joker is at seat 9 with $13083.
The button is at seat 6.

peachpit posts the small blind of $50.
B_Money posts the big blind of $100.

KaneKungFu123: Jc Td
flamey: -- --
roger m: -- --
Devilfish: -- --
HAYYEN: -- --
mulberry1: -- --
peachpit: -- --
B_Money: -- --
Tipsy Joker: -- --

Pre-flop:

Tipsy Joker calls. KaneKungFu123 raises to $500.
flamey folds. roger m folds. Devilfish folds.
HAYYEN folds. mulberry1 folds. peachpit folds.
B_Money folds. Tipsy Joker calls.

Flop (board: 4s 8h 5s):

Tipsy Joker checks. KaneKungFu123 bets $1150. Tipsy
Joker calls.

Turn (board: 4s 8h 5s 5d):

Tipsy Joker checks. KaneKungFu123 bets $2500. Tipsy
Joker calls.

River (board: 4s 8h 5s 5d Kh):

Tipsy Joker checks. KaneKungFu123 goes all-in for
$6020.50. Tipsy Joker folds.

partygirluk
10-12-2005, 10:22 PM
What hand are you representing? Would you play AA this way? AK?

etizzle
10-12-2005, 10:24 PM
I like it. When he check-calls the turn, theres no way he can beat QQ. He would be getting some chips in the pot, as you seem to like your hand. The K on the river is the perfect card, lots of bluffs you couldve been running now beat his 66-TT. Unless he has K8 I cant see him calling here.

Unless you've been splashing a ton of chips around I think this is a good play.

KaneKungFu123
10-12-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What hand are you representing? Would you play AA this way? AK?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, for sure.

KaneKungFu123
10-12-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like it. When he check-calls the turn, theres no way he can beat QQ. He would be getting some chips in the pot, as you seem to like your hand. The K on the river is the perfect card, lots of bluffs you couldve been running now beat his 66-TT. Unless he has K8 I cant see him calling here.

Unless you've been splashing a ton of chips around I think this is a good play.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think he limps K8 UTG.

10-12-2005, 10:29 PM
A bit wreckless but very nice!
Got a question, when you bet the turn you almost expect to get called right? A drawing hand like A6s will definitly call that bet.
Do you bet still bet the river if it's a spade, 6, 7 or Ace?
I think the river king may have helped you to represent a very strong hand (?).

Nh!
Rob

kurosh
10-12-2005, 10:29 PM
Is preflop standard for you?

etizzle
10-12-2005, 10:30 PM
youre right, neither do I, just throwing that out as pretty much the only hand that beats you that could check here three times.

punter11235
10-12-2005, 10:42 PM
I hate it. 4 bullet bluff risking 10k to win 4 with no hand at all cant be the way to go. He only needs to call this with 50% of hands he would play this way so far, I think slowplays and "just decide to call you down" would add up to this number as your line doesnt look like standard way of playin AA or AK here. (If you had AK and ask the question about river , I dont think there would be many votes for a push).
Preflop looks like tilt. I think folding is standard and way better.
All in all, the hand looks like tilt-donk attempt to push around Villain, relyin on "time tells" in this game may not be good idea too.
Just an opinion of midlimit nutpeddler.

best wishes /images/graemlins/wink.gif

KaneKungFu123
10-12-2005, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is preflop standard for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i just like to mix it up every now and then.

aexchange
10-12-2005, 10:50 PM
i was about to post this hand. he went on monkey tilt a while later after you left and bled off his money.

KaneKungFu123
10-12-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A bit wreckless but very nice!
Got a question, when you bet the turn you almost expect to get called right? A drawing hand like A6s will definitly call that bet.
Do you bet still bet the river if it's a spade, 6, 7 or Ace?
I think the river king may have helped you to represent a very strong hand (?).

Nh!
Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

i think alot of drawing hands have to fold here.

KaneKungFu123
10-12-2005, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate it. 4 bullet bluff risking 10k to win 4 with no hand at all cant be the way to go. He only needs to call this with 50% of hands he would play this way so far, I think slowplays and "just decide to call you down" would add up to this number as your line doesnt look like standard way of playin AA or AK here. (If you had AK and ask the question about river , I dont think there would be many votes for a push).
Preflop looks like tilt. I think folding is standard and way better.
All in all, the hand looks like tilt-donk attempt to push around Villain, relyin on "time tells" in this game may not be good idea too.
Just an opinion of midlimit nutpeddler.

best wishes /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

im not risking 10k to win 4k.

preflop isnt tilt. its only 5bb's. its not standard, i just want to mix it up.

others can comment, but I think AK pushes this river every single time.

i didnt make fire the second barrel because of a "time tell". it was based on hand reading. but "time tells" are fairly reliable for me in certain situations, flame away.

KaneKungFu123
10-12-2005, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i was about to post this hand. he went on monkey tilt a while later after you left and bled off his money.

[/ QUOTE ]

man, i shouldve stayed.

Simplistic
10-12-2005, 11:11 PM
kudos to you for having the intestinal fortitude to fire 3 barrels. i know i can fire the first and the 2nd, but rarely the 3rd.

KaneKungFu123
10-12-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
kudos to you for having the intestinal fortitude to fire 3 barrels. i know i can fire the first and the 2nd, but rarely the 3rd.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont fire the third barrel here everytime. with the K, its automatic.

captZEEbo1
10-12-2005, 11:53 PM
what do you think the likelyhood he has Kxs here is? I think that's the only hand that can call you here.

JMP300z
10-12-2005, 11:57 PM
How come I always get called here by AK,Kxs or TT in the party 5-10 game?

-JP

Rounder9999
10-13-2005, 12:35 AM
What range of hands are you putting villian on limping PF? If you're trying to represent a hand like AA/KK, why not pot it again on the turn, or bet more than 2500? A hand played like this should be included with a solid read on villian, this is a case where one bad bet lead to another and got lucky he folded.

Ulysses
10-13-2005, 12:40 AM
This seems pretty boring against him. Kxs is the only likely hand you don't get a fold from. Against someone like noneedriver (and a number of others) it's spewing 'cause you'll get called by 33.

Ulysses
10-13-2005, 12:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How come I always get called here by AK,Kxs or TT in the party 5-10 game?

[/ QUOTE ]

AK wouldn't call the turn here. Kxs would probably call here. TT might as well.

Jeffage
10-13-2005, 02:59 PM
This hand makes it seem like you hate money to me. Fold preflop. Once you did what you did, I don't put in any money on the turn or river.

Jeff

etizzle
10-13-2005, 03:04 PM
i agree in general (that it doesnt look good at first), but what range of hands for villain check-calls the turn?

which of these hands will call on the river?

Jeffage
10-13-2005, 03:15 PM
Hmmm. Maybe a set, maybe he flopped the nut straight, maybe an unorthodox way to play aces or kings and he planned to checkraise the turn all in. Or maybe he just peeled and will fold the turn or will lay down some sort of pair when you follow through. But I think a turn checkraise is far from out of the question and I think if you normally play hands like this, you're going to be badly hurt.

Disclaimer: I'm not an expert NL player, but this is my read anyway.

Edit: I also think including the results will bias MANY responses here.

Jeff

etizzle
10-13-2005, 03:52 PM
i agree that the turn bet is debateable and possibly not a good one.

The river bet, on the other hand, is a must after he check-calls the turn and the K hits. Theres really very little chance KKF is getting called here.

Actually, let me rephrase that. Theres very little chance the villain has a hand that wants to call this bet. Whether or not KKF gets called by 66 or something depends a lot on how the villain plays and how KKF has been playing the last few orbits.