PDA

View Full Version : do you make your bed ?

gorie
10-12-2005, 10:05 PM

Brainwalter
10-12-2005, 10:06 PM
Not even after I wash the sheets.

dtbog
10-12-2005, 10:07 PM
0/10. Wow.

I make my bed at night, before I'm going to sleep in it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

If I take a nap, I make it during the day.

Slow Play Ray
10-12-2005, 10:08 PM
Only if the woman is coming over. And all that really is is putting the pillows at the head of the bed and straightening the comforter, since this is all my bed consists of.

10-12-2005, 10:08 PM
Go to work at 5 in the morning, absolutly zero chance im wasting 2 minutes of sleep to make my bed.

Xelent
10-12-2005, 10:45 PM
I never really understood the point of making it unless your going to be trying to impress someone/ show your not a slob.

But day to day, when your the only one in your room or just some close friends, who gives a [censored]?

RacersEdge
10-12-2005, 10:49 PM
Never, but I did read in a men's mag today that you should wash your sheets every week. This is about 8 times as often as I wash them now. Something about dust mites...

Rick Nebiolo
10-12-2005, 10:51 PM
The votes so far shock me. I make my bed (not perfect like my Mom, but pretty good) almost every day an hour or so after turning down the sheets to air them out. I'm sort of living alone right now so I do save time by doing it naked after I shower, allowing that little extra time for my butt hairs to dry /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Probably more than you need to know, but this is OOT.

~ Rick

haakee
10-12-2005, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Only if the woman is coming over. And all that really is is putting the pillows at the head of the bed and straightening the comforter, since this is all my bed consists of.

[/ QUOTE ]

theghost
10-12-2005, 10:56 PM
Not unless I'm expecting the gf - even then it's more like putting down a beach blanket.

gorie
10-12-2005, 10:59 PM
i don't either. sometimes after washing the sheets, but even still that is kinda rare.

peachy
10-12-2005, 11:13 PM
yes every morning when i get up...but i sleep weird...so it only takes not even 2 seconds

mslif
10-12-2005, 11:26 PM
Every morning, I was a navy brat.

TheIrishThug
10-12-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And all that really is is putting the pillows at the head of the bed and straightening the comforter, since this is all my bed consists of.

[/ QUOTE ]

and if i was gonna be the only person to see it then i wouldn't even do that.

cnfuzzd
10-13-2005, 12:10 AM
i couldnt figure out which option was for me. My bed is not made. It looks exactly like it has for several weeks. I sleep on the couch. The only time i sleep in my bed is if i have enough people crashing at my house so that a couch is unavailable. Unless its a couple, in which case i will usually make sure my room is acceptable enough for them to sleep there. This of course is entirely with the supposition of no sex in my bed. I always offer the alternative of allowing them to have sex on the floor. Regardless, i prefer the couch.

So which choice is for me?

peace

john nickle

10-13-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Never, but I did read in a men's mag today that you should wash your sheets every week. This is about 8 times as often as I wash them now. Something about dust mites...

[/ QUOTE ]

here's a great site on dust mites. (http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2157.html) Did you know that 10% of the weight of a two year old pillow can be composed of dead mites and their droppings?

Ogre
10-13-2005, 12:30 AM
no way

why would i make something that is going to be messed up in less then 24 hours

rusellmj
10-13-2005, 12:32 AM
Make mine every morning and my daughters too. Sheets get washed once a week. Unless of course...

DarkForceRising
10-13-2005, 12:40 AM
Never miss a day. It's bad luck.

vulturesrow
10-13-2005, 12:43 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
Make mine every morning and my daughters too. Sheets get washed once a week. Unless of course...

[/ QUOTE ]

theben
10-13-2005, 12:53 AM
no way.

stanky
10-13-2005, 12:57 AM
If you came over Gorie, I'd make my bed otherwise no. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thythe
10-13-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

here's a great site on dust mites. (http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2157.html) Did you know that 10% of the weight of a two year old pillow can be composed of dead mites and their droppings?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is scary. My apartment must be made mostly of dust mites right now. Vacuum every day?! Hmmmmm, I last vacuumed in August.

Colonel Kataffy
10-13-2005, 01:01 AM
I am a mess. My appartment is gross. Clothes dishes everywhere. But I always make my bed. Every girlfriend I've ever had has commented that this was odd. Seems reasonable to me though.

diebitter
10-13-2005, 01:21 AM
Well, I smooth down the satin, and shut the coffin lid after me if that's what you mean....

stabn
10-13-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The votes so far shock me. I make my bed (not perfect like my Mom, but pretty good) almost every day an hour or so after turning down the sheets to air them out. I'm sort of living alone right now so I do save time by doing it naked after I shower, allowing that little extra time for my butt hairs to dry /images/graemlins/grin.gif

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you are going out and planning on bringing some home i really don't understand doing this at all.

Phoenix1010
10-13-2005, 01:42 AM
I sleep on my futon when I'm not at my gf's. Making my bed consists of taking the pillows and sheets off and throwing them aside, pulling it together, and BAM! Couch.

Rick Nebiolo
10-13-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you are going out and planning on bringing some home i really don't understand doing this at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

You leave the house with wet butt hairs? That's gross.

~ Rick

imported_anacardo
10-13-2005, 02:21 AM
Man, [censored] that [censored].

MarkL444
10-13-2005, 02:22 AM
making beds is the biggest [censored] waste of time ever

LondonBroil
10-13-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. You wash your sheets about 8 times as often as I do.

dibbs
10-13-2005, 03:02 AM
I don't but the girl often does it, eh.

webgator
10-14-2005, 01:07 AM
I read somewhere that making your bed actually is worse than not making it health wise as it allows moisture and bacteria to accumulate, especially if you are one that sweats alot.

But besides that, our bed gets made only after the sheets are washed and if we have company coming over just in case someone wanders into the bedroom.

cnfuzzd
10-14-2005, 02:05 AM
what, no follow-up? Im still trying to figure out which way im supposed to vote and you wont even help illucidate the options?

cmon, run a good poll......

peace

john nickle

Rick Nebiolo
10-14-2005, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I read somewhere that making your bed actually is worse than not making it health wise as it allows moisture and bacteria to accumulate, especially if you are one that sweats alot.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why you turn it down when you get up (assuming you don't figure to get back in with your lady/lover/whatever) let it air out and make it after you come out of the shower and had your coffee. In case you OOT youths think I'm too frumpy I only do a B- job and it takes about twenty seconds.

~ Rick

Hamish McBagpipe
10-14-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I only do a B- job and it takes about twenty seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]

!?!

Lazymeatball
10-14-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you know that 10% of the weight of a two year old pillow can be composed of dead mites and their droppings?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a bullshit intternet myth, and you are an idiot for believing/spreading it.

STLantny
10-14-2005, 11:31 AM
I have a platform bed, with no a sheet and a down comfortor, it takes me about 3 seconds to make my bed. I make it abotu 3-4 times a week, when I think i might have someone over.

offTopic
10-14-2005, 12:36 PM
You've made me realize some weird behavior...I make the bed very nicely when washing the sheets. Pull another set out of the closet, hospital corners, yadda yadda. That's pretty much the last time it gets made until the next time I wash the sheets.

Oh, and &gt; 80% of the responses went one way...I guess [censored] is going to poll-slap you. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

littlebu
10-14-2005, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
making beds is the biggest [censored] waste of time ever

[/ QUOTE ]

imported_The Vibesman
10-14-2005, 12:58 PM
Do I make my bed what? I try not to make anything do anything. It's not my place to exert my will upon other things.