PDA

View Full Version : Time to quit poker?

M2d
05-28-2003, 03:18 PM
I'm actually running well right now, but I think it's time to quit.
Today, I decided to cross the bay to AJ's to see if the 15 game was going. It was, and a familiar face under a khaki hat was sitting in it.
In that time, I saw khaki hat make the infamous one handed, two stack, one move raise with the accompanying "no one has ever call this move before; if you call, it'll be the first time."
I also saw a little windup police car shoot across the table when a player bet a paired flop and everyone mucked. The car seemed to come from the vicinity of khaki hat.
I also saw khaki hat three bet before the flop ( from the button against a borderline maniac who was in a steal position) and then show down his (winning) 94o that flopped two pair.

I think I've reached the pinnacle of Angelo-watching, and, unless someone can convince me that he has more tricks up his sleeve, I may consider hanging it up.
The reason most of us play poker (besides the money) is to enjoy ourselves, and i don't think I can top this morning.

Ulysses
05-28-2003, 04:31 PM
the infamous one handed, two stack, one move raise
Routine.

a little windup police car shoot across the table
Routine.

three bet before the flop ... and then show down his (winning) 94o
Yep, might be time to hang it up.

M2d
05-28-2003, 05:14 PM
These may be routine to you penninsula guys, but, for us eastbayers, the moves are special. mythical, even.

TAFKAn
05-29-2003, 05:03 AM
Tommy nearly lost that car in my home game once by letting my son play with it and not realizing there was almost no chance he'd get it back. My wife pried it from the boy's sleeping fingers sometime after 1 a.m. and put it out in the kitchen for Tommy to grab on his way out the door.

He actually game back despite the threat to his police car, but I noticed that this time it stayed hidden. I did get to bluff him out of a pot tonight, perhaps because he didn't have his police car with him. And if he reads this he still has to guess whether or not I'm just saying this to set him up for next time.

Easy E
05-29-2003, 09:27 AM
sleazy, wasteful capitalist pigs who hate the working wo/man??

DOWN WITH THE GREEDY PIG TYRANTS!!! RALLY ROUND THE $2/4 FLAG, WORKERS OF THE WORLD!

(maybe Ashley can organize us- first thing we're doing is picketing your house)

andyfox
05-29-2003, 01:19 PM
Did khaki hat say "I'm Running Well"? If not, keep playing, 'cause, as the saying goes, you ain't seen nothing yet.

M2d
05-29-2003, 02:26 PM
Thanks, Andy. You've given me hope.

Lee Jones
05-30-2003, 04:33 PM
>> three bet before the flop ... and then show down his (winning) 94o
> Yep, might be time to hang it up.

I dissent. Tommy was simply following local custom. Because of AJs' proximity to San Francisco, the players there are (in)famous for overvaluing the hold'em hand 49. It's routinely shown down with a cry of "Niners!" Believe me, if you're in a game at AJ's, and a hand of 49 (or 94 /forums/images/icons/smile.gif ) will hurt you, be very afraid, no matter how many bets went into the pot preflop. Tommy was just showing them that he was one of the guys.

Regards, Lee