PDA

View Full Version : Did party recently change their time to act clock?

Bigwig
10-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Forgive me if I missed something (I was on vacation and off of poker for two weeks).

But it seems like I'm getting the "I Am Away" button far too often. What gives? I mean, they give you the opportunity to play 8 damn tables and then shorten the clock? This is one we should complain about. The old setup was just fine.

applejuicekid
10-12-2005, 08:28 PM
I love the new clock. It used to take rediculously long. If you can't 10 table with this new time limit you probably shouldn't have been 10 tabling to begin with. I know many of the multitablers took way too long sometimes. Which I think is suprising since with the buttons most decisions should be instant. When I used to 10 table the only times I would take a lot of time is when a disaster happened (and I had to break my mouse). And most of the very good multitablers I played with would act very quickly as well. It was always the medicore ones that would take a while. This has been a pet peeve of mine and I'm glad party changed the limit.

1C5
10-12-2005, 08:34 PM
what did they change the time to act time to?

(make sense)? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Bigwig
10-12-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It was always the medicore ones that would take a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, I wish there was a 'roll eyes' smiley available.

Bigwig
10-12-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what did they change the time to act time to?

(make sense)? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just faster. Unnecessarily so.

microbet
10-12-2005, 08:45 PM
Yeah, I'm sure Doyle Brunsen is a great 20 tabler.

pineapple888
10-12-2005, 08:47 PM
Down from 20 to 15 seconds before your time bank (if any) kicks in.

pineapple888
10-12-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I love the new clock. It used to take rediculously long. If you can't 10 table with this new time limit you probably shouldn't have been 10 tabling to begin with. I know many of the multitablers took way too long sometimes. Which I think is suprising since with the buttons most decisions should be instant. When I used to 10 table the only times I would take a lot of time is when a disaster happened (and I had to break my mouse). And most of the pushbots I played with would act very quickly as well. It was always the poker players that would take a while. This has been a pet peeve of mine and I'm glad party changed the limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Deuce2High
10-12-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love the new clock. It used to take rediculously long. If you can't 10 table with this new time limit you probably shouldn't have been 10 tabling to begin with. I know many of the multitablers took way too long sometimes. Which I think is suprising since with the buttons most decisions should be instant. When I used to 10 table the only times I would take a lot of time is when a disaster happened (and I had to break my mouse). And most of the $/hour bots I played with would act very quickly as well. It was always the poker players that would take a while. This has been a pet peeve of mine and I'm glad party changed the limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Big Limpin'
10-12-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love the new clock. It used to take ridiculously long. If you can't 10 table with this new time limit you probably shouldn't have been 10 tabling to begin with. I know many of the multitablers took way too long sometimes. Which I think is suprising since with the buttons most decisions should be instant. When I used to 10 table the only times I would take a lot of time is when a disaster happened (and I had to break my mouse). And most of the $/hour bots I played with would act very quickly as well. It was always the poker players that would take a while. This has been a pet peeve of mine and I'm glad party changed the limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP (and im a loser with too much damn time on his hands)

Michael C.
10-12-2005, 08:56 PM
I multi-table and like the new setup. Sorry, but if it takes you 20 seconds to act because you're playing 8/10/20 tables, maybe it's time to go down to 6. It's just too unfair to the rest of the table to have to often wait that long.

pineapple888
10-12-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love the new clock. It used to take rediculously long. If you can't 10 table with this new time limit you probably shouldn't have been 10 tabling to begin with. I know many of the multitablers took way too long sometimes. Which I think is suprising since with the buttons most decisions should be instant. When I used to 10 table the only times I would take a lot of time is when a disaster happened (and I had to break my mouse). And most of the 10% ROI $/hour bots I played with would act very quickly as well. It was always the 18% ROI even more $/hour poker players that would take a while. This has been a pet peeve of mine and I'm glad party changed the limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Bigwig
10-12-2005, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I multi-table and like the new setup. Sorry, but if it takes you 20 seconds to act because you're playing 8/10/20 tables, maybe it's time to go down to 6. It's just too unfair to the rest of the table to have to often wait that long.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't take that long everytime. Just sometimes. If you have two difficult decisions to make, there should be more available. Why make it possible for you to play 8 tables, and then shorten the clock?

You want a place where too much time is given, try PokerStars. Party is lightning comparatively.

Anyway, my point is that it's too short. I have declared this, and it is now fact.

10-12-2005, 09:06 PM
I don't mind it that much. Sometimes I time out when I'm involved in multiple hands at once, but if I have any money in the pot it will always go into my time bank. I rarely miss any important decisions.

DaveKForty7
10-12-2005, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love the new clock. It used to take rediculously long. If you can't 10 table with this new time limit you probably shouldn't have been 10 tabling to begin with. I know many of the multitablers took way too long sometimes. Which I think is suprising since with the buttons most decisions should be instant. When I used to 10 table the only times I would take a lot of time is when a disaster happened (and I had to break my mouse). And most of the 10% ROI $/hour bots I played with would act very quickly as well. It was always the Jesus that would take a while. This has been a pet peeve of mine and I'm glad party changed the limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

applejuicekid
10-12-2005, 09:34 PM
Whoa...sorry everyone, but seriously taking a long time on every decision because you decided to play more tables than you are capable of is disrespectful and ruins the game for the other players. I apologize Bigwig, and can see your point about difficult decisions that don't come up often. However, this is not the case for some multitablers.

applejuicekid
10-12-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'm sure Doyle Brunsen is a great 20 tabler.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just silly.

If he was a 20 tabler im sure he would be a great one. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bigwig
10-12-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whoa...sorry everyone, but seriously taking a long time on every decision because you decided to play more tables than you are capable of is disrespectful and ruins the game for the other players. I apologize Bigwig, and can see your point about difficult decisions that don't come up often. However, this is not the case for some multitablers.

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't the 'total time.' It's the time that you miss and get 'marked away' and see your QQ go flying into the muck when you turn your attention back to the table.

And there's no correlation between time to act and skill level that I'm aware of.

ebaudry
10-12-2005, 09:52 PM
"...I time out ..., but if I have any money in the pot it will always go into my time bank. "

Is this true? If I have contributed to the pot on any given hand, that I don't have to manually press the "timebank" button?

That is seriously my least favorite part about the new time clock: You have to wait until you have 5 seconds left before you can activate it, which in turn eats up valuable time monitoring the 5-second mark.

ebaudry
10-12-2005, 09:53 PM
Has anyone figured out how the new time bank works on Party?
It gives different time amounts based on what level you're on? Or is it based on # of players at the table? Or perhaps it's based upon how many tables you have going?

10-12-2005, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is disrespectful and ruins the game for the other players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, it's in my best intrest to maximize my correct decisions. If you cannot deal with this then you have to decide what's more important, online poker or your time.

If you find yourself waiting for people to act then I suggest you open more tables so you don't run into this problem /images/graemlins/cool.gif

AA suited
10-12-2005, 11:55 PM
10 tabling w/15 sec clocks is still doable.

The only difference is that i no longer know WHY i bust out. i just see the popup about sending the tourny summary to email. i dont even remember what i was playing at that table. No biggie...

Also, are they dealing the cards faster?!