PDA

View Full Version : Limiting downsizings

suited_ace
10-12-2005, 08:12 PM
I've been wondering if it's a good idea to call it a day after being in a OOTM streak, so here goes a little poll to help me with my decision:

Edit: I forgot to put an option for those who don't have a limit in the first question. For those who don't have one, just don't answer the question.

Bigwig
10-12-2005, 08:15 PM
I don't have a limit. I'm pretty good at not letting downswings affect my play, but as soon as I notice it, I quit opening tables and go do something else. Like drink.

Of course, I'm usually drinking away.

10-12-2005, 08:24 PM
I stop if I'm feeling like my emotions are going to get in the way of my play, or when I actually start spitecalling and doing stupid tiltish stuff. But I don't have any set limit.

Big Limpin'
10-12-2005, 09:04 PM
when puppydog has to leave the room due to increased risk of mouse throwing/wall shrapnel...that when i *should* stop. but i dont.

its uncanny how puppydog can always tell when im about to go ballistic. i've never ever harmed this dog, but i guess his instincts kick in..the "top dog" is getting perturbed, time to go hide.

10-12-2005, 09:10 PM
I just play until I notice I'm making bad decisions. One day I dropped 30 buyins in about two hours, but I wasn't really playing badly so I just grinded for the rest of the day.

johnnybeef
10-12-2005, 09:25 PM
Most of my big downswings occur when I am not mentally freshe. If I have been playing a lot lately, and notice that I am starting to autopilot, I will take a day or two off. Beats happen, when you notice you are playing badly, it is best to take some time away.

Mr_J
10-13-2005, 12:26 AM
"the "top dog" is getting perturbed, time to go hide."

My dog always come over to try and comfort me.

Freudian
10-13-2005, 12:36 AM
I do have a limit but I don't know what it is. I know I won't let it go so far that I will drop 25+ buyins in one day, like I have in the past.

I have run pretty well and havent had a day where I lose 10+ buy-ins in the last three months. I think I've had a couple of days that started with a 15+ drop in there, but managed to turn them into ok days or even winning days.

So a wild guess is that my mental limit is 20 buyins. I doubt I would keep going if I ran that bad in a day.

suited_ace
10-13-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My dog always come over to try and comfort me.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much do you want for your dog, S+H included?

10-13-2005, 01:05 AM
Absolutely!! I love you.