PDA

View Full Version : FILM: Irreversible

Klepton
10-12-2005, 08:07 PM
has anyone seen this film?

quite possibly the most graphic film i've ever seen.

but incredible acting, cinematography, and the movie goes backwards like memento, but it's a lot more confusing cuz it's french.

i recommend this movie to anyone, but you must know that you will not be happy for the first 30 minutes. in fact the filmmakers put a 2hz frequency (which causes nausea, disorientation, and irritability in humans) into the first 30 minutes of the film.

i should add that you see monica belluci naked for a good 20-30 minutes of the film.

private joker
10-12-2005, 08:09 PM
I totally love this movie. I've seen it several times and it never loses its power. It only gains from the structural touches you notice as you process more of the story after knowing its result. One of the best French films of the decade, no doubt.

Klepton
10-12-2005, 08:15 PM
i couldn't imagine watching this movie more than twice. but from the pictures you've posted, i see that you easily could.

DrNo888
10-12-2005, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i should add that you see monica belluci naked for a good 20-30 minutes of the film.

[/ QUOTE ]

SOLD!!

private joker
10-12-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i couldn't imagine watching this movie more than twice. but from the pictures you've posted, i see that you easily could.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.

Film students learn to divorce themselves from the power of images fairly quickly. It sucks on one hand, since you lose the suspension of disbelief that casual filmgoers have the luxury of maintaining, but on the other hand it allows you dissect and study the form and content with a more objective stance.

It especially helps when you're watching a fiction film like this and you know it's fake and know what it's like to be standing just off camera holding the boom or a light reflector or walkie talkie.