PDA

View Full Version : Comps in Vegas

Yeknom58
05-28-2003, 02:44 PM
I'll be going to vegas in June and I'll be staying at the Bellagio. I Plan on playing quite a bit, what kind of comps could I possibly get by playing poker at the bellagio.

Is there a big difference between the hotels and the action. I've only been to the Bellagio poker room and it seemed really good to me so I don't plan on playing anywhere else unless directed otherwise.

I usually play low limit 2-4,3-6, 4-8. I generally do pretty well, I'm a break even player in person and I usually win about 2.5BB an hour online. I credit this to the fact that in person I tend to get ants in my pants and Gamble more with shotty hands. Would it be crazy for me to play like 6-12 when in vegas. Is that game limit signifigantly tougher or would I be ok. Also do they let you stand and watch the higer limit games. I didn't try the last time I was there.

Thanks,

Dynasty
05-28-2003, 03:09 PM
At the Bellagio, you can watch any game on the main floor. There are always several 30-60 games running. You shouldn't go up to the big stakes "room" unless your a player there.

As far as comps, you should expect to get 1 or 2 $15 food ticket comps per week. All the small poker rooms on the Strip are much more generous than either the Bellagio or the Mirage.

Also, the Bellagio and Mirage have the highest rake on the Strip for low-limit games like 4-8. They have a $4 rake with no jackpots or bonuses. All the small poker rooms have the same $4 total rake but that includes various types of jackpot and bonuse payouts.

If you're going to play 4-8, I reccomend you walk over to the Monte Carlo and play there. They have the better rake and give out $6 comp tickets each day (for four hours of play). Mandalay Bay also has a very nice small stakes room.

The Bellagio and Mirage are the last places I reccomend somebody go for small stakes games.