PDA

View Full Version : Calling All-In's with Draws

10-12-2005, 06:55 PM
Hand 1

Early rebuy period (25/50) at live tourney at local B&M (Bay 101). Only relevant read is that everyone is a maniac during the rebuy. And they chase too.

Two MP limpers to my BB (SB folds). I check my option with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8:diamond. Flop brings a 3, 7, & 9 with two /images/graemlins/diamond.gif's. I check, middle player checks, and last player bets the pot (about t175). I decide to call and see if I hit my flush. Middle player folds. Turn is a T non-diamond. I bet t400 and opponent goes all-in (about t1500). I have her covered and have about 15 outs (to nut flush and OESD) with 1 card to come. Call it?

Hand 2

Post Rebuy but still early (100/200). Folded to Button who raises to t500. I'm in the small blind with TT. My read on the BB is that he's ready to muck. The button is tougher to read. He's raised about 6 pots in 6 orbits and won them uncontested. Hasn't had to show down a hand. His right hand is in a cast and shakes alot whenever he's involved in a pot though.

I decide to call and play for set value. Flop is 9, J, Q rainbow. I decide to check. Of course button pushes all-in about t5000. Do I call?

Comments on my line at all streets welcome.

Thanks, John

nath
10-12-2005, 07:02 PM
hand 1: It's still the rebuy? Instant call. You should have pushed the flop.

hand 2: Playing for set value against a button open-raise with TT is not a good idea. You should have reraised preflop. Also, you don't tell us what your stack size is, so I can't give you a real answer.

Lloyd
10-12-2005, 07:09 PM
In the first hand I think you'd be much better off just pushing after it's raised on the flop. With 9, and possibly 12, outs plus the backdoor straight draw I think you're just a slight dog if called. I would have checked the turn and re-raised all-in if the villain bet. Maybe you see a cheap river. Otherwise you'll put him to the test versus him putting you to the test. Yes, I'd call the turn raise the way you played it. You've got 15 to 18 outs and are getting 2.2 to 1 odds. It's not hugely +EV but given it's a rebuy I'd gamble.

Hand 2, I'd definitely re-raise pre-flop. You most likely have the best hand and TT will be tough to play out of position on many flops. It's a close decision and very read dependent. You're just about getting the right odds to call if the 8, T, and K are all good outs. Tough to count the Ts as good outs though as it easily makes a straight. I'd fold.

10-12-2005, 07:38 PM
Hand 1: I called. She turned over 77 for a flopped set. River is a beautiful Jack of Hearts and MHIG.

Hand 2: We had about the same size stacks plus minus a couple of hundred (I didn't ask for a count). I went in the tank but eventually folded. He didn't show.

Tnanks for the feedback. I'm still new at this and trying to learn how to make proper bets and reads. It's kind of tough at Bay 101 because the rule is "any two can win". And they bet any two sometimes.

ghostface
10-13-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

It's kind of tough in MTTs because the rule is "any two can win". And they bet any two all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not alone buddy, believe me.