PDA

View Full Version : Suspected overpair vs overpair situation

obsidian
10-12-2005, 04:21 PM
I've begun wondering what line to take when you have an overpair but suspect you are behind. I raise UTG with TT. Pretty standard villain 3-bets from button and it is headsup. Flop comes 752r. You c/r and the villain 3-bets. What now?

wackjob
10-12-2005, 04:29 PM
Calldown and see who has the bigger overpair?

Stefan_K
10-12-2005, 05:01 PM
i cap this preflop

given your line i call down

asofel
10-12-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what I often do, but so often my feelings of AA/KK/QQ are correct. Still I'm not folding out JJ because of it; I'm starting to wonder if there's a line where its +EV to get away?

GetThere1Time
10-12-2005, 06:11 PM
I usually just check-call this down HU against a TAGgish villian. Bet/folding the river against a less aggressive villian.

obsidian
10-12-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what I often do, but so often my feelings of AA/KK/QQ are correct. Still I'm not folding out JJ because of it; I'm starting to wonder if there's a line where its +EV to get away?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is what I've been thinking as well. Probably more so because I am in a downswing and have been running into this a lot. I think in my situation it was TT on a 952r flop. I think this makes it closer since there aren't any other overpairs you beat and he isn't likely to 3-bet with A9. I think against villains who are fairly passive I am going to c/r/fold depending on the texture of the board in these situations.