PDA

View Full Version : Hi Surfbullet!

therockofgibraltar
10-12-2005, 03:35 PM
You commented to my whining post and I decided to pm you and say thanks! /images/graemlins/smile.gif
You gave many pointers I "knew" I was doing wrong. I didn't drop back to 0.5/1 yet, gave 1/2 another shot and won 30BB! 70 BB to go before break-even /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
21/14 is good for the 1/2... i'd say you could raise a bit more on the CO and button for value, especially first in - but don't get too crazy because the rake will eat you alive in your marginal hands. Opening up to a 30/20 strategy is a poor idea at this limit, because the rake is cost-prohibitive. Additionally, your opponents play so loose that your bets will(should) be for value and thus you won't be able to "steal" in the conventional sense very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very sensible line. I have read too many post that are played in 5/10 or 10/20 or even higher where players raise all kind of stuff! I really should avoid those post because those advices won't apply to 1/2.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you continuation-bet flops after a preflop raise too often? There are many times when you have 3+ opponents or a poor holding for the board (A8s on a KJQ board, etc) where you are not going to get folds and are better of trying to draw cheaply. Something to think about.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always, I mean ALWAYS, used to bet if I raised pf. It didn't matter what to flop was or how many players there were! I "knew" this was wrong BUT reading too much 30/60 forum where they cap UIP AK or something like that. And hearing advices like, you should always bet if you raise pf in SH. I really must start to think with my OWN brain... and it is working /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Are you calling down with moderate-strength(MPGK, TPMK) in multi-way pots when it is clear you are beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, absolutely. And once again I blame these high-limit players. Well, I really can't blame them because in their limit, you are supposed to play marginal hands more agg. MPGK is terrible hand for me, I used to always lose bit bucks with that. Today, I actually folded couple of these /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Put your opponents on proper hand-ranges, when the passive guy raises the field on the turn 1 pair is almost always toast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I should really try to read hands more! But let's blame the 10/20 players once more /images/graemlins/wink.gif
They call like with UIP AK even if they face aggression and they won --> MPGK is better that UIP AK --> I must go to showdown /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Well, 1/2 aint 10/20, lol

Anyway, I wanted to thank you for your advices! /images/graemlins/smile.gif They were basic principles that I had somehow forget!

-Kalle-

EvanJC
10-12-2005, 03:52 PM
so genuine...cannot ridicule...

Surfbullet
10-12-2005, 03:53 PM
Hey Kalle,

looks like you may have posted this on accident, instead of PMing it. No worries though.

I'm glad you were able to benefit from my input. I over-adjusted when I moved to shorthanded and made many of the same mistakes it sounds like you are coping with. Good luck with it in the future - remember that 4,000 hands is a drop in the bucket, keep playing solid poker and you'll be fine.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

Surf

jba
10-12-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it was a pretty cute post.

wonkadaddy
10-12-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it was a pretty cute post.

[/ QUOTE ]

made even cuter by the winnie the pooh avatar!

therockofgibraltar
10-13-2005, 02:38 AM
Oh, man... /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Didn't even get this one right!

ihardlyknowher
10-13-2005, 02:42 AM
This post needs more Emoticons.

joker122
10-13-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This post needs more Emoticons.

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

edit - bisonbison used to say something about how all the evil in the universe was manifested in emoticons or something ridiculous like that. that guy was hilarious.

baronzeus
10-13-2005, 03:24 AM
oh my god this is the coolest thread ever.

POTY!!!!!

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

10-13-2005, 03:42 AM
You should note that in 1-2 you should bluff less (unless you have established the guy as someone who is weak-tight and doesnt see showdown much) and value bet more. Your unimproved AK *will* get called down by MPBK - hell, if the guy is on a straight draw and he rivers a pair, he will call you.

kiddo
10-13-2005, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You should note that in 1-2 you should bluff less (unless you have established the guy as someone who is weak-tight and doesnt see showdown much) and value bet more. Your unimproved AK *will* get called down by MPBK - hell, if the guy is on a straight draw and he rivers a pair, he will call you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, should also note that often when players at 1/2 tries to be as a aggressive as said in posts from players at 10/20 they miss the part of being able to fold quickly. They try to be a TAG but becomes a LAG. Then they think being aggressive doesnt work at low limit. But often its the looseness, not the aggressivness that is the biggest part of their problem.

therockofgibraltar
10-13-2005, 03:55 AM
Come on guys....

I guess the best thing to do now is avoid answering to this thread so that it will drop to somewhere where no one sees it again! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BUT if you can't avoid the temptation, please give some tips also.

wheelz
10-13-2005, 05:27 AM
we can't give many tips if you don't post hands.

that was a tip. do you see why?

wonkadaddy
10-13-2005, 05:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Come on guys....

I guess the best thing to do now is avoid answering to this thread so that it will drop to somewhere where no one sees it again! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BUT if you can't avoid the temptation, please give some tips also.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm...my tip is to get pokertracker if you don't have it. and to stay away from the small-stakes micro limit forum (yikes!)