PDA

View Full Version : Mullah Offers $50K Bounty on Western Journalists

02-21-2002, 07:34 PM
Yes it's true: Mullah Omar has offered a $50,000 bounty for any Western journalists shot dead in Afghanistan.

This is why I despise terrorism. The BASTARDS are targeting the wrong people--regardless of which side is right or wrong, or the specifics of any issues, people like this don't deserve to be called human beings.

02-22-2002, 03:44 AM
Well....terrorists don't work the way normal people operate. It's not really a wrong target because EVERYONE's a target. Thats probably why geneva convention rules sometimes do not apply. If i was a terrorist and was losing my battle...i'd probably just tell everyone to kill whoever you see and spread as much terror as you can before the fight is over. After all, its not like these people have any morales or fear consequence.

02-22-2002, 08:43 AM
"its not like these people have any morales or fear consequence"

Well, they do have beliefs about good and evil like the rest of us. It's just that more of their beliefs are wrong (I don't ascribe to moral relativism). They believe it is good to kill Jews and Westerners because Jews are evil and the West must be conquered in the name of Allah.

I just heard a news report saying that the Islamic fundamentalist group in Pakistan targeted Daniel Pearl for murder because he was a Jewish American--a double jackpot. They were so pleased with themselves, they provided a videotape of the slaying to the press (or so they thought...it was apparently an undercover FBI agent posing as a reporter).

02-22-2002, 11:51 AM
You have just listed a few more reasons why they do not deserve to be called human beings. And hopefully, they WON'T be human beings much longer.

02-22-2002, 02:18 PM
....but if you listen to the Cyruses of the world, they'd have you think that the terrorists' values are really no different than ours.

02-22-2002, 03:16 PM
People like that do deserve to be called human beings because that's what they are. They just don't deserve to be human beings.