PDA

View Full Version : turned straight with three to a flush on board

Walker
10-12-2005, 03:02 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (10 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero???

2+2 Junkie
10-12-2005, 03:04 PM
Bet and call a raise, you have a straight flush draw if you are beaten by a flush, and your Q might be good for the flush if another diamond falls.

tor
10-12-2005, 03:06 PM
Don't know about that cap preflop...

Bet that turn hoping others fear the flush (as you're clearly on a draw after your passive flop play) or that UTG raises the button and button folds. Check call if 4flush doesn't come on river.

bozlax
10-12-2005, 03:07 PM
Checks, planning to raise when UTG bets and Button calls. In addition to the nut straight, you've got outs to the second flush and a straight flush.

Edit: I just noticed...I don't cap AQo preflop.

lautzutao
10-12-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Checks, planning to raise when UTG bets and Button calls. In addition to the nut straight, you've got outs to the second flush and a straight flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

This looks like the best option with the way the Preflop action went. Just be careful on the river if the board pairs...c/c it, otherwise I'm betting out. I don't worry about a flush here given that action (EDIT, and we have outs if UTG was betting his FD out).