PDA

View Full Version : Party $200K

10-12-2005, 02:36 PM
Sorry... I'm still giddy....

Had the urge to try the $9 qualifier last night and got a seat for Saturday. Is there much participation from veteratn 2+2'ers in these Saturday events?

How do these qualifiers tend to compare to the main event? I'm guessing there is no comparison.

I want to know what I'm in for /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Can't wait... sounds like a lot of fun!

ghostface
10-12-2005, 03:09 PM
Big field, plenty of idiots though since they can qualify for $10.

Other than that its just a big buyin MTT.

10-12-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Big field, plenty of idiots though since they can qualify for $10.

Other than that its just a big buyin MTT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious about the idiot ratio... do you think there are more coming from the qualifiers, or more that buy directly in? [serious question, no innuendo intended]

I might think that some of the people who earned seats through qualifiers did so with some skill. Then again, there were some crazies at that last table.

With that said, I'll proudly classify myself in the "idiot" category /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

beeyjay
10-12-2005, 06:42 PM
id say the majority definitly qualifies but you have to remember a lot of those are in qualifiers for what you might consider a lot in their own right. congrats and gl.

10-12-2005, 08:18 PM
Um, i play pretty much every week when i can. I make the money more than i don't, couple final tables, best finish is 3rd, i'm still working for 1st place finish. But in general it's just another party poker tournament. There's dumb plays, there's good plays. It sucks when u get close to the money cause the hand for hand usually involves like 12 tables, and can tend to be about as interesting as watching paint dry. Pace yourself, figure 4 hours til the money, 3 hours til the final table from there. Take ur time, move your chips well. with 20 minute blinds and 1500 starting chips there's no need to get too involved with hands that can potentially hurt you. Good luck, i'll see ya there.

10-12-2005, 11:30 PM
Excellent. Thanks for the info. If I can last 4 hrs I will be extremely pleased. I'll just make sure to rent The Bridges of Madison County or something for my wife before I start...

Good luck as well, although you don't appear to need it.