PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Tourney Hand

jaral
10-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Absolute Poker $30 rebuy, 12k gurenteed tourney last night.
I have about 6.5k in the sb. Villian has about 11k in MP+1.
100/200 blinds.

Folds to Villian who raises to 600.
Folds to me.
I call with pocket 9s in the sb. Suits not important.
BB folds.

Flop comes 10 6 2 r
Pot (1400)

I check.
Villian bets 800.
I raise to 1800.
Villian pushes.

I'm not really sure how I could have best played this hand.
Any suggestions on how I could have played the hand better or what I should do considering how it played out are appreciated.

jaral
10-12-2005, 03:39 PM
Maybe this isn't very interesting, but any comments would be appreciated and helpful.

jedinite
10-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Any reads?

Pretty standard play across.

You'll probably see quite a few people advocate a fold preflop in this scenario, as you're crossing that 10x BB stack size to where you can afford to play pocket pairs for set value. Certainly I see it as a marginal decision to call OOP with the nines, but if you can play well postflop I can't argue there.

You're primarily playing for set value, but this raggedy flop is good for our hand and so its worth taking a stab. He's making what looks like a standard continuation bet. I like your re-raise here, this is a good agressive line, but you've got to let it go now, he's pretty confidently representing TPTK or better. i wouldn't be suprised to see JJ or AT.

10-12-2005, 03:54 PM
I think you should have raised pre-flop.

But, you didnt so for what its worth.

I raise after the flop, 400 should do, if he comes over, lay it down, seems like its early(you have 30bb) and you have no reason to get into a tango with a mediocre hand that can has 5 over cards to draw from, he may have even flopped a set of 6's or 2's, or came in AT suited.

Both are very likely from his approach.

There is a post i'll dig up, i think that was a gross misuse of a check-raise.

Poorly played, ill drop the link in a sec.

10-12-2005, 03:57 PM
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3653140&page=1&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1

Read that if you have some spare time.

jaral
10-12-2005, 04:06 PM
Thanks, thats a good link, appreciate it.