PDA

View Full Version : I am no good at 6-max

TheKentock
10-12-2005, 01:08 PM
So I was pretty new to the table, no reads except that SB succumbs to FPS a little.

I am also very new to 6-max, so any help on this hand would be appreciated. I figured on the flop I definitely had the overcards outs and the backdoor flush, but on the turn I made a hasty decision that may have been stupid. Let me know...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (13 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

MrWookie47
10-12-2005, 01:13 PM
It's not too late to edit your post and reconvert your hand into 2+2 format rather than FTR. Please preview your posts. If they look ugly, fix them.

TheKentock
10-12-2005, 01:21 PM
Sorry, Edited now

benkath1
10-12-2005, 01:24 PM
nh
flop good, turn good, river good.

10-12-2005, 01:25 PM
nh.

deception5
10-12-2005, 01:26 PM
I think the initial flop call is the closest decision. I probably play it the same way though.

With 9 nut spade outs and 3 more gutshot outs (even though they may be to a split) I think the turn call is fine.

TheKentock
10-12-2005, 01:28 PM
Oops, missed those gutshot outs. Yeah, that does make my decision seem easier. Thanks.

USDaniels
10-12-2005, 01:29 PM
I also suck at 6-max, but here goes....

calling the raise is getting pot odds of 5:1. A perfectly decent call. Even if you want to discout a few of your outs because you think someone else is on the same draw (does anyone do this or is it stoooopid? I guess you can add them back in with the gutshot draw to a split), then I think it's still close enough since you are drawing to the A high flush.

Fantam
10-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Just a quick post, because I have to go.

Your 2 overcards and bdfd is a relatively weak draw, but the pot is a reasonable size, so continuing in the hand makes sense. However, a flop raise may be better than calling, as it may buy you a free card if you need one.

Also a flop raise appears to show strength following your preflop raise. So unless the SB is particularly agressive, there is probably a reasonably good chance that your free card play will work.

Once you made your nut flush draw on the turn, you were correct to call the turn raise. You were getting pot odds of 4.5:1 to call, and the odds of making your flush were about 4:1. Also you were likely to gain additional bets on the river if you made your hand.

DCWildcat
10-12-2005, 01:42 PM
nh

Aaron W.
10-12-2005, 01:43 PM
Looks good. You shouldn't be folding nut flush draws very often, even when facing two bets on the turn. But please get in the habit of counting outs and calculating your pot odds.

Reqtech
10-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Even though this flop is raggy-coordinated, I would raise the flop and take the free card if I still got both callers. With that turn, though, I would've bet if checked to me after picking up the flush draw.

AdamL
10-12-2005, 02:35 PM
I think you can fold the flop unless BB is a habitual bluffer. A lot of the time BB will defend with Ax and your outs are tainted... the hand can be very expensive. If the pot were a little bigger I might call, or raise for a free card if he is passive.

Aaron W.
10-12-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With that turn, though, I would've bet if checked to me after picking up the flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take the free card. Be more inclined to bet when you don't improve to anything useful.

chaz64
10-12-2005, 03:36 PM
nh

10-12-2005, 09:07 PM
I don't see the point in raising the flop bet. Why do you want a free river card, anyway? If you missed the turn completely, you've lost your flush draw and you have nothing but overcards.

Hardly seems worth putting in one, or possibly 2, extra flop bets, on the chance of getting a free river card which won't likely help you anyway.