PDA

View Full Version : Subway BLTs

stinkypete
10-12-2005, 12:37 PM
A 6-inch BLT at Subway in Canada costs $4.29. A Veggie Delite with added bacon costs $2.99 + $0.60 = $3.59. This is okay though, since a BLT has twice as much bacon as a Veggie Delite with added bacon.

However, some employees at some Subway locations have failed to fully comprehend their Sandwich Artist training, and make BLTs with only half the correct amount of bacon, essentially trying to sell Veggie Delites with added bacon for more than they are worth. When confronted with such a situation, what is my correct play?

EDIT: Obviously, I have already tried explaining to the Sandwich Artist that they have not put the correct amount of bacon on the sandwich.

Wes ManTooth
10-12-2005, 12:40 PM
You forgot the option:

Don't go to Subway because it both sucks and blows.

CrazyEyez
10-12-2005, 12:41 PM
It should be called an MBLT.

SmileyEH
10-12-2005, 12:41 PM
This is a common problem. A polite reminder to the dumbass artist during bacon application is all that is needed.

-SmileyEH

vulturesrow
10-12-2005, 12:43 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
It should be called an MBLT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, I think this is one of the funniest commercials on TV right now.

stinkypete
10-12-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a common problem. A polite reminder to the dumbass artist during bacon application is all that is needed.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

well, that didn't work today. i did remind her politely, but when she insisted 4 slices was the correct amount, i did not know what to do.

SmileyEH
10-12-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

well, that didn't work today. i did remind her politely, but when she insisted 4 slices was the correct amount, i did not know what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

For a 6 inch this is the correct amount.

-SmileyEH

thejameser
10-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Quizzno's is good.

stinkypete
10-12-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For a 6 inch this is the correct amount.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

i meant 4 half slices. it wasn't the correct amount.

Soul Daddy
10-12-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You forgot the option:

[/ QUOTE ]
Food snob.

IndieMatty
10-12-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You forgot the option:

[/ QUOTE ]

Subway is very good for what it is. Quick, tasty hero-esque sandwiches.

SmileyEH
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You forgot the option:

[/ QUOTE ]
Food snob.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, I ate at subway all the time over the summer. I really like fresh vegetables though so my subs would be bread with bacon and a salad.

-SmileyEH

AngryCola
[ QUOTE ]
when she insisted 4 slices was the correct amount, i did not know what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slap her?

MrTrik
10-12-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A 6-inch BLT at Subway in Canada costs $4.29. A Veggie Delite with added bacon costs $2.99 + $0.60 = $3.59. This is okay though, since a BLT has twice as much bacon as a Veggie Delite with added bacon.

However, some employees at some Subway locations have failed to fully comprehend their Sandwich Artist training, and make BLTs with only half the correct amount of bacon, essentially trying to sell Veggie Delites with added bacon for more than they are worth. When confronted with such a situation, what is my correct play?

[/ QUOTE ]

If a BLT is the same as a Vegie with double bacon and
a veggie with double bacon is $4.19 and a BLT is $4.29 ...

why would you ever buy a BLT rather than a vegie with double bacon?

stinkypete
10-12-2005, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because i don't want to confuse the crap out of the sandwich artist to save myself 10 cents.

Claunchy
10-12-2005, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably cause he doesn't want to be the weird cheap guy who goes out of his way to save a friggin' dime.

Next time you're in there, do the polite reminder thing again. Then, if they still argue with you, say something to the effect of "Is there a manager around I could ask about this?" You don't have to "demand" anything.

RunDownHouse
10-12-2005, 01:05 PM
If she refuses to fix it, either call the manager or change to a Veggie with double Bacon, depending on how confrontational you feel and how bright the manager looks.

MrTrik
10-12-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Probably cause he doesn't want to be the weird cheap guy who goes out of his way to save a friggin' dime.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he orders a vegie with double bacon, and that is the same as what a BLT is supposed to be, then he is getting exactly what he wanted. This is not happening when he orders a BLT currently.

I could see ordering the BLT if the other option was more expensive, but it's actually less expensive.