PDA

View Full Version : Saints RB Situation

JayLear
10-12-2005, 12:11 PM
Anybody familiar with the Saints RB situation, what's your gut feeling now that Deuce is out? Antowain Smith, Aaron Stecker, a random combiniation of the two, or will they be trading for somebody? Who are the candidates they might deal for? I've heard the Ricky rumors, but how likely is that?

Jack of Arcades
10-12-2005, 12:20 PM
They've already traded for Jesse Chatman.

I'm really hoping for and RB-by-committe, but I'm guessing Antowain will get most of the carries and Stecker comes in on 3rd down and catches some out of the backfield.

kenberman
10-12-2005, 12:23 PM
all I know is that Antowain Smith

a)spells his name wrong
and
b)was washed up 3 years ago.

if Stecker isn't better than Smith, Saints are in (deeper) trouble

Sluss
10-12-2005, 05:17 PM
I would expect a lot of Stecker. Mainly because Hasslett has shown an affinity for him over Smith.

Fantasy wise Stecker is not a bad bye week fill in or weak 2nd back. If your league has points for catches he is a solid 12-18 point guy every week. He catches a lot of balls and the Saints will often be behind and dumping the ball off to him.

wonderwes
10-13-2005, 08:21 PM
The thing is the Saints are nearly dead. Now there record is not that bad, but they loss their key RB, and probably will be trailing vs. most teams for the rest of the league. When you trail, your running game is downgraded, esp in the 2nd half.