PDA

View Full Version : KK facing flop raise

nietzreznor
10-12-2005, 11:47 AM
Pokerstars 1/2 (5 handed)

I am SB with KK. UTG folds, CO raises to $6, Button folds, I reraise to $17, BB folds, CO calls.

Not much of a read on CO, seems decent and not overly loose. I have $200 to start, he covers.

Flop ($36): 752r

I bet $28, CO raises to $100, I...

Could be a set, but I was worried more about AA... not sure how often I see something like QQ/JJ, or a bluff here.

Whats my move?

10-12-2005, 12:04 PM
I push, because I think QQ-88 can be in his hand range, ever after his $100 raise

But yeah you should probably pump it up a bit more preflop, about $25 I like, since you are in SB.

edit: I'm not saying he doesn't have AA or a set, I'm just saying you're ahead here about half the time if I had to guess. If you're not, hit the two-outer.

nietzreznor
10-12-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I push, because I think QQ-88 can be in his hand range, ever after his $100 raise

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, these hands could easily be in his range... just not sure how often he raises with these compared to how often he has AA/set.

I think a lot of this probably boils down to what he thinks of me. I've only played with him for a few orbits, so does he think I only reraise from SB with AA-QQ (which I don't, but he might think that). And if he puts me squarely on a big pair (which is reasonable), does he think I will fold them to aggression on a dry board like this (if he does, theres obviously a greater chance he is bluffing/making a move and hence I should probably call).
Unfortunately, I hadn't been playing with him long enough to answer any of these questions...

nietzreznor
10-12-2005, 03:32 PM
I called, figuring that the board was pretty drawless and that calling would give me a better chance than raising to get all-in against a hand that I beat.

The rest went in on the turn (I c/c his push), he showed the other KK and we split /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

PoBoy321
10-12-2005, 03:36 PM
I have no problem putting all of my money in here. While 77 55 and 22 are in his hand range, he is much more likely to have a lower overpair that will pay you off.

nietzreznor
10-12-2005, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have no problem putting all of my money in here. While 77 55 and 22 are in his hand range, he is much more likely to have a lower overpair that will pay you off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, there are definitely a ton of players at this level that will pay me off with a lower overpair.

I wasn't as worried here about having the best hand and then not getting paid, since so much money already went in I don't think QQ/JJ/etc will give up if I call. Would have been better though with a read to know if this was the type of player to a) put me on a big pair, and b) play a smaller overpair aggressively.