PDA

View Full Version : **** Fantasy Football Roster Decisions Week 6 ********

Wes ManTooth
10-12-2005, 11:17 AM
RB situation for week 6, I need to start 2 out 3.

............ total yards TDs
W Dunn (at NO) 512 1
J Jones (v NYG) 497 3
T Barber (at DAL) 419 4

Barber is coming off a bye week. Dunn is averaging 95 rushing yards a game compared to less then 70 a game last year.

Any thoughts, comments?

wh1t3bread
10-12-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

W Dunn (at NO) 512 1
J Jones (v NYG) 497 3
T Barber (at DAL) 419 4

Barber is coming off a bye week. Dunn is averaging 95 rushing yards a game compared to less then 70 a game last year.

Any thoughts, comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jones & Barber.

P.S. I'm glad you spelled "week" correctly.

Wes ManTooth
10-12-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Jones & Barber.

P.S. I'm glad you spelled "week" correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, I did it for super spelling fans out there.
spelling is so important in on the internet, especially in a sports forum.

JayLear
10-12-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

W Dunn (at NO) 512 1
J Jones (v NYG) 497 3
T Barber (at DAL) 419 4

Any thoughts, comments?

[/ QUOTE ]
I might say Dunn and Barber, although I think all three are decent plays. I think Julius is hurt, isn't he?

brettbrettr
10-12-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I might say Dunn and Barber, although I think all three are decent plays. I think Julius is hurt, isn't he?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Julius is out. Dunn and Barber.

wh1t3bread
10-12-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, Julius is out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where have you guys read this? Everything that I've seen has said he ankle is hurting and he will probably be listed as Questionable but will play.

Anyway, if he does play (but with a more limited role) then going with Dunn is probably the best option for the OP.

J.R.
10-12-2005, 02:56 PM
Dallas Cowboys: With Julius Jones wearing a walking boot Tuesday, the Cowboys are preparing to play without the running back Sunday against the New York Giants, The Dallas Morning News reported.

Jones missed the second half of last week's win against the Eagles after suffering a high ankle sprain. Jones did not practice Wednesday morning, instead riding a stationary bike.

If Jones is unable to play, undrafted free agent Tyson Thompson or veteran Anthony Thomas will start.

link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2188684&CMP=OTC-DT9705204233)

Dallas paper (http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstorync/stories/101205cpcowjones.12ebf4ef.html)

wh1t3bread
10-12-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dallas Cowboys: With Julius Jones wearing a walking boot Tuesday, the Cowboys are preparing to play without the running back Sunday against the New York Giants, The Dallas Morning News reported.

Jones missed the second half of last week's win against the Eagles after suffering a high ankle sprain. Jones did not practice Wednesday morning, instead riding a stationary bike.

If Jones is unable to play, undrafted free agent Tyson Thompson or veteran Anthony Thomas will start.

link (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2188684&CMP=OTC-DT9705204233)

Dallas paper (http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstorync/stories/101205cpcowjones.12ebf4ef.html)

[/ QUOTE ]

Those two links just backup what I said. I'm just saying that I haven't seen/read/heard anything that would say Jones is DEFINITELY out on Sunday.

J.R.
10-12-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where have you guys read this? Everything that I've seen has said he ankle is hurting and he will probably be listed as Questionable but will play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Running back Julius Jones was wearing a walking boot on his left leg Tuesday and the Cowboys are preparing as if he will not play Sunday, a source said.

This doesn't seem to support your contention that they are listing him as questionable but expect him to play, but apparently I can't read too well.

wh1t3bread
10-12-2005, 03:24 PM
In the Dallas article you posted above it says:

[ QUOTE ]
"He's a quick healer," Jerry Jones said. "He's fast and young, and I think there's a good chance he'll play.

"It's not anything like the high ankle sprains some of the players in training camp had that kept them out for a while."

[/ QUOTE ]

So yeah, you can't read too good. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

wh1t3bread
10-12-2005, 03:27 PM
Also, according to a midday report from the Cowboys Official website he is listed as questionable.

LINK (http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=E5D44DAD-E96C-9D6C-4EE3ACCFF1A152EB)

J.R.
10-12-2005, 03:34 PM
alright bud, people are trying to be helpful to you and you respond by being a jerk.

On Tuesday, the atricle reports Jerry Jones saying this.

[ QUOTE ]
Early Tuesday afternoon, owner Jerry Jones said he thought Jones would play against the Giants.

"He's a quick healer," Jerry Jones said. "He's fast and young, and I think there's a good chance he'll play.

"It's not anything like the high ankle sprains some of the players in training camp had that kept them out for a while."

[/ QUOTE ]

The aticle, however, was written wednesday morning, and contrasted jerry Jones' comments the day before with the new outlook of the team on Wednseday afternoon, which was based in part on the fact that Jones did not practice wednesday morning and was wearing a walking boot.

[ QUOTE ]
IRVING – Running back Julius Jones was wearing a walking boot on his left leg Tuesday and the Cowboys are preparing as if he will not play Sunday, a source said.

Jones missed the second half of the Cowboys' 33-10 win over Philadelphia because of a high ankle sprain. Jones did not practice Wednesday morning. He and injured linebacker Dat Nguyen (neck) rode stationary bikes instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if JJ will play, but a relatively current article penned a few hours ago by a cowboys beat reporter suggests he will not. If you don't think this is a change in his prognosis, fine, but why be a jerk.

Good luck and have a nice day!

Wes ManTooth
10-12-2005, 03:35 PM
overall the cowboys are being shady about this one, I will wait till later this week before making any final decisions.

wh1t3bread
10-12-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
alright bud, people are trying to be helpful to you and you respond by being a jerk.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all I'm just messing around, that is usually what a " /images/graemlins/grin.gif " means in a post. I would think that someone with 4500+ posts would have caught onto that. I must have been mistaken /images/graemlins/grin.gif <-- See there it is again.

Second of all I am just trying to point out to the OP that there is loads of conflicting information around right now on JJ. Looks like he figured that one out.

I hope you have a nice day as well.

davelin
10-12-2005, 10:31 PM
Two starters out of these four -

Ricky Williams
Willie Parker
Cedric Benson
Mewelde Moore

Thoughts?

fingokra
10-13-2005, 12:10 AM
/images/graemlins/frown.gifpunt