PDA

View Full Version : 10 tables at once all day long! unusual?

10-12-2005, 11:03 AM
Hi All.
New here but love the magazine and forum.

Would anyone care to express an opinion on this situation?

I've noticed a player on party who seems to play all day and night (not that unusual on it's own).
They play up to 10 tables at once until all 10 games are over, then start to play 10 more (not unheard of but 10 games at once is pretty hard going).
They've got a pretty good ITM of 43%; I don't know their ROI.
They NEVER chat (again not that unusual).
They always play $20 SNG (why not if winning consistently and playing 10 at once at 43% ITM soon adds up).

So do you think they are just a good player who sticks to what works and has 3 monitors going, or is it something more sinister?

Cheers Purp

unfrgvn
10-12-2005, 11:03 AM
Post the handle.

splashpot
10-12-2005, 11:05 AM
If you really are suspicious, just email Party.

lorinda
10-12-2005, 11:06 AM
There have been bots that played the $22s but ITM of 43% sounds high.

There is also a player here that plays rather a lot of them, but it is likely that he hasn't moved to Party yet.

It is a level where some people can play a lot of games without much thought, so it's unlikely (but possible) to be sinister.

Lori

Maulik
10-12-2005, 11:07 AM
i could venture a guess as to who it is. but don't worry about it, its not anything to be concerned with.

lorinda
10-12-2005, 11:07 AM
Also, if that ITM figure is from a certain stats website, the figure is almost certainly too high.

Lori

Mr_J
10-12-2005, 11:15 AM
"I've noticed a player on party who seems to play all day and night (not that unusual on it's own)."

It's true, some guys here are happy to make six figs a year with no life /images/graemlins/wink.gif

"They play up to 10 tables at once until all 10 games are over, then start to play 10 more (not unheard of but 10 games at once is pretty hard going)."

You are aware that there are quite a few people who play more than 10 tables at a time, and there'd be a few who play as many as 20.

10-12-2005, 11:25 AM
I'll give ya a hint.

Have you ever seen jurassic park?

Mr_J
10-12-2005, 11:42 AM
If you're talking about raptor, I don't think he's putting in those hours and I think he's playing 109s right now anyway.

10-12-2005, 12:05 PM
Ok thanks for you thoughts. i knew 10 tabling was possible but not seen it much, also the 43% was from my poker office not "a certain stats website" although that site shows very similar figures.

i wasn't very suspicious but i am interested in how often you see this (or how many players can do it).

cheers all

10-12-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok thanks for you thoughts. i knew 10 tabling was possible but not seen it much, also the 43% was from my poker office not "a certain stats website" although that site shows very similar figures.

i wasn't very suspicious but i am interested in how often you see this (or how many players can do it).

cheers all

[/ QUOTE ]

There are probably quite a few players out there that can do it in the early level buyins... aka 11s - 33s. Just because play becomes so mechanical. You really dont have to focus that much on reads just because most players at these levels that you will encounter are that bad.

However when you go above these levels concentration, reads, and more advanced skills become much more of a need and to 10 table takes a ton of skill.

For more information, see Raptor.

SippinSoma
10-12-2005, 12:24 PM
I keep running into juicyv_gina at all times of day at the 22s. I got in 90 sngs yesterday at 13% ROI or so which earned me ~500 points. He made ~2500. It's no wonder that he's destroying the Party leaderboard.

runner4life7
10-12-2005, 12:28 PM
yeah, ive played him a few times. he is sick

Cactus Jack
10-12-2005, 01:35 PM
10 Tables $220
All day and all night $20,000
A .50 bullet to the brain without missing Priceless

The American Depress Card
Don't leave the institution without it.

CJ

petvan
10-12-2005, 01:41 PM
I wish I ran into more juicyv_gina.. Sounds +ev to me.

raptor517
10-12-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

cheers all

[/ QUOTE ]

There are probably quite a few players out there that can do it in the early level buyins... aka 11s - 33s. Just because play becomes so mechanical. You really dont have to focus that much on reads just because most players at these levels that you will encounter are that bad.

However when you go above these levels concentration, reads, and more advanced skills become much more of a need and to 10 table takes a ton of skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, it all depends on how well you can keep up and how fast you can follow action. 12 tabling the 109s is for sure doable. i know a lot of people that have had quite a bit of success doing this.. myself and my old roomate included. ZJ has had great success 8-12 tabling 215s. usher has always been a fiend in multitabling sngs. apathy has had excellent success. irie and zen have done some.. interesting things with multitabling. bads33d has had a history of success 109ing all day every day. i know a ton of other people that have done very well for themselves playing day in day out maximizing $/hr and maximizing tables played. (im not leaving people out i still love you).

some people can just sit there and constantly load up tables all day without getting emotionally strung out. some people will play 4 sets of 8 and want to kill themselves. it all depends on the person. i used to be able to 12 table 10 hours a day 7 days a week taking off maybe 1 day a month. cant do that anymore. i hate it. eventually everyone burns out, no matter who you are. eventually everyone will need a change of pace, a switch to cash games, a few mtts thrown in. no one can grind out 20k sngs a year for multiple years in a row.

as for the skills needed to 10 table.. a lot depends on how well you know icm and perfect pushbotting. that alone gets you above breakeven even in the 215s (thought not by much at all..) if you are playing smaller stakes stuff, multitabling is as simple as learning pushbotting and maximizing tables. in the 109s and 215s, its about playing the early game as well, and picking up pots. if you can do that 12 tabling, great. if not, yer sol.

i have never really put much stock into 'reads' online. you can pretty much figure out who is pushing any 2, who is playing lots of hands, and who is an all around idiot by watching just 1 orbit. if thats getting a 'read' then ignore this paragraph. im in class so im rambling, and im hungover and feeling stupid right now, so i hope someone may have gleamed a tiny piece of useful information here. holla

Bigwig
10-12-2005, 03:11 PM
I moved down to the $30s to master 8 tabling. And I play in sessions that typically last 10-12 hours, 3 days a week. So, it's certainly possible to do. I like the long sessions. And I'm crushing the $30s, easily making 2K/week. I will slowly be moving up again to higher levels soon. So watch out, fools! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Shilly
10-12-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I keep running into juicyv_gina at all times of day at the 22s. I got in 90 sngs yesterday at 13% ROI or so which earned me ~500 points. He made ~2500. It's no wonder that he's destroying the Party leaderboard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, I've played with him a bunch. His name made me assume he was a donk (guess I didn't really listen when Gig said to play without prejudice), but he seems pretty solid.

unreal_nh
10-12-2005, 03:22 PM
come on guys... you keep referring to her as a guy.. her name is obviously Gina and her drink of choice is V8 juice. from playing with HER, i think its gotta be someone from this forum... reveal your identity Gina!

10-12-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
10 Tables $220
All day and all night $20,000
A .50 bullet to the brain without missing Priceless

The American Depress Card
Don't leave the institution without it.

CJ

[/ QUOTE ]

VNH!

zambonidrivr
10-12-2005, 04:14 PM
it's me

10-12-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it's me

[/ QUOTE ]

ITS HIM!

10-12-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

cheers all

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, it all depends on how well you can keep up and how fast you can follow action. 12 tabling the 109s is for sure doable. i know a lot of people that have had quite a bit of success doing this.. myself and my old roomate included. ZJ has had great success 8-12 tabling 215s. usher has always been a fiend in multitabling sngs. apathy has had excellent success. irie and zen have done some.. interesting things with multitabling. bads33d has had a history of success 109ing all day every day. i know a ton of other people that have done very well for themselves playing day in day out maximizing $/hr and maximizing tables played. (im not leaving people out i still love you).

some people can just sit there and constantly load up tables all day without getting emotionally strung out. some people will play 4 sets of 8 and want to kill themselves. it all depends on the person. i used to be able to 12 table 10 hours a day 7 days a week taking off maybe 1 day a month. cant do that anymore. i hate it. eventually everyone burns out, no matter who you are. eventually everyone will need a change of pace, a switch to cash games, a few mtts thrown in. no one can grind out 20k sngs a year for multiple years in a row.

as for the skills needed to 10 table.. a lot depends on how well you know icm and perfect pushbotting. that alone gets you above breakeven even in the 215s (thought not by much at all..) if you are playing smaller stakes stuff, multitabling is as simple as learning pushbotting and maximizing tables. in the 109s and 215s, its about playing the early game as well, and picking up pots. if you can do that 12 tabling, great. if not, yer sol.

i have never really put much stock into 'reads' online. you can pretty much figure out who is pushing any 2, who is playing lots of hands, and who is an all around idiot by watching just 1 orbit. if thats getting a 'read' then ignore this paragraph. im in class so im rambling, and im hungover and feeling stupid right now, so i hope someone may have gleamed a tiny piece of useful information here. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Burnout on SNGs already? LOL! Just jokes man.

So what are you playing now?

PS: Awhile ago I remembered seeing your AIM screen name, please PM me this... I wouldnt mind picking your brain over a few things. Thanks.

raptor517
10-12-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

cheers all

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Burnout on SNGs already? LOL! Just jokes man.

So what are you playing now?

PS: Awhile ago I remembered seeing your AIM screen name, please PM me this... I wouldnt mind picking your brain over a few things. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

im all but 100% sure i never posted my aim on this forum.. as for what im playing now.. the 119 6 max turbos on stars.. various NL cash games.. 210 HUs on stars.. various other stars sngs.. and party blackjack. holla

B1GF1SHY
10-12-2005, 05:39 PM
I've also run into juicyv_gina a lot of times. Amazing outdrawer.

Degen
11-28-2005, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi All.

I've noticed a player on party who seems to play all day and night

They NEVER chat

...or is it something more sinister?

[/ QUOTE ]

Party seems to think so...