PDA

View Full Version : Awful Play at 30+3 last night

10-12-2005, 10:56 AM
Just wanted to share this funny hand from my very first 30+3 (I just moved up from the 20+2 so I was curious what type of players I would run into):

First hand of the tourn. so blinds are 10/20. Everyone has 1500. I have AQ spades in MP and there is one EP player who calls the blind. I raise to 100. Everyone folds, including the blinds and EP calls 80 more.

The flop comes KQ5 with 2 diamonds. EP leads out ALL-IN $1400. My gut tells me that AQ might be good here...not that I would ever consider calling.

So I fold, and the guy shows me Ac9h.

I usually don't berate the bad players, but I had to tell him he was an idiot. His reply was "get over it. that's poker."

He lost 2/3 of his stack 3 hands later when he folded on the river, then got busted a few hands after that, bluffing all in on the turn with j-4 and no pair.

citanul
10-12-2005, 11:34 AM
you berated him for what? making you fold the best hand?

10-12-2005, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you berated him for what? making you fold the best hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

VNH!

10-12-2005, 11:46 AM
This post makes no sense. Of course there are bad players at the low buy-ins.

BTW, I cleared a bonus at party today at $1/$2 9-tabling. You should have seen some of the plays they made. /images/graemlins/blush.gif I have PokerAce, so I can see what they're mucking. Some guys call all the way to showdown with bottom pair/busted draws etc. One hand I was heads up against someone with AA, we capped every street. He won on the river when the A of hearts came, which gave him a flush with 84s. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

downtown
10-12-2005, 11:56 AM
Newsflash: There are bad plays at all levels.

Newsflash #2: This was not one of them.

10-12-2005, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

BTW, I cleared a bonus at party today at $1/$2 9-tabling. You should have seen some of the plays they made. /images/graemlins/blush.gif I have PokerAce, so I can see what they're mucking. Some guys call all the way to showdown with bottom pair/busted draws etc. One hand I was heads up against someone with AA, we capped every street. He won on the river when the A of hearts came, which gave him a flush with 84s. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yuck!

Page Jacobson
10-12-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have PokerAce, so I can see what they're mucking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not familiar with PokerAce. You actually see what your opponents are mucking? This would give you an unfair advantage don't you think? Please fill me in.

illegit
10-12-2005, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Eh, just cause it worked doesn't make it a good play. Huge overbet pushes with air with deep stacks is pretty terrible actually, regardless of the results. Or maybe he made a great read a 'knew' Hero only raises with AQ, not AK (heavy eye rolling to denote sarcasm inserted here).

Just sit back and wait for this donk to give you his money. It will come.

10-12-2005, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Eh, just cause it worked doesn't make it a good play. Huge overbet pushes with air with deep stacks is pretty terrible actually, regardless of the results.

Just sit back and wait for this donk to give you his money. It will come.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeppers, one of these times that he does it... his opponent will be sitting on something massive and just waiting to make the call.

ZeroPointMachine
10-12-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have PokerAce, so I can see what they're mucking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not familiar with PokerAce. You actually see what your opponents are mucking? This would give you an unfair advantage don't you think? Please fill me in.

[/ QUOTE ]

It only let's you see their mucked hand if they mucked it at the showdown. You can get the same information by looking at the hand history but PokerAce makes it much easier when multitabling. It is very powerful information thand most players don't have the time or are too lazy to check the hand history everytime. This feature alone is worth the price of PT to me.

The Yugoslavian
10-12-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will now delete this worthless thread. BOW DOWN!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Yugoslav

10-12-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]