PDA

View Full Version : When your CB:s get check raised.

Jimbio
10-12-2005, 10:14 AM
I think this has been brought up before.

Pretty standard table, a couple of loose and passive players and a couple of solid ones, all participants pack 100bb:s each.
Lets say you sit in late position with A/images/graemlins/heart.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gif. You raise x6BB with a couple of limpers. 2 of the limpers call. Both are solid players (22/6/2) The flop is either:

2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif

or

2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif

It gets checked to you and you make a bet of about the pot.
The first limper now raises you x3, the second fold.

What is your action on each of the flops when it gets back to you?
Why? What is his handrange?

My essence of this post is: 'Whenever you get check-raised on a dry flop as this by a solid player. Your TPTK is very often beaten.'

djoyce003
10-12-2005, 10:15 AM
this is way too simplistic but it's not an absolute. Yeah sometimes you are beaten, and sometimes you aren't...that simple.

Jimbio
10-12-2005, 10:19 AM
yeah, i noticed just now /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm gonna change the thesis a bit, thx for the headup.

The_Bends
10-12-2005, 10:32 AM
To generalise horribly, yes the majority of the time your opponent has a set. That of course depends on your opp being solid but straghtforward